Pinnacles Desert, New Norcia and Wildflowers Day Tour from Perth
History buffs and the nature lovers will enjoy this tour from Perth. Visit just a few of Western Australia's hidden treasures. Eerie pinnacles punctuate the otherwise flat and barren plain of the Nambung National Park. History looms itself in Australia's only Benedictine Abbey at New Norcia and the wildflowers come to life along the path of this journey.
- Instant Confirmation
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Our morning journey takes us through historical Guildford and Swan Valley, past Perth's Pearce Air Force Base through the orange growing district of Bindoon to reach fascinating New Norcia. First settled in 1846 as a mission to the regions Aborigine, New Norcia is home to Australia's only Benedictine Abbey. A local guide escorts our drive through town explaining the intriguing history and culture of the community before visiting the local museum housing artifacts and priceless pieces, many being treasured gifts to the monastery from Popes and Royalty of Spain. We also visit a local produce shop for the chance to purchase Benedictine Community goods including olive oil, fruit wine, delicious New Norcia nut cake and fresh breads.
Continue to the lobster fishing town of Cervantes and visit the Pinnacles desert where you enjoy an easy paced walk through these mystical limestone pillars. Enjoy a buffet picnic lunch, then visit a local store featuring a range of dried wildflowers, before returning to Perth. Stops to view spring wildflowers are available from August to December only.
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Perth CBD hotels or Perth Convention Exhibition Centre
From April 1st 2015:
Perth CBD hotels or Barrack St Jetty
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Tour concludes at original point of departure at approximately 7:30pm.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Pinnacles Desert Tour & Lunch
Pinnacles Desert, New Norcia and Wildflowers day tour from Perth with lunch
Pinnacles Desert, Perth
- Live commentary on board
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entrance fees
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
Reviewed by: Dr M S Campo, United Kingdom, October 2014
We found all our tours great and enjoyed them very much. The Pinnacle desert is amazing and we also saw a wild emu!
Reviewed by: pat, October 2011
The entire day was very well organised and informative. The Pinnacles was well worth the trip.