Small-Group Tour of Oak Alley and Laura Plantation from New Orleans
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- All entrance fees included
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Small-group tour
Head along the Great River Road on the shores of the Mississippi to Oak Alley Plantation. During your 1.5-hour tour, admire the mansion's Greek Revival architecture, and listen to guides in period costume talk about the lives of those who called the plantation home. Afterward, enjoy some free time to walk under the spectacular canopy of 28 giant live oaks on the plantation grounds.
Leave Oak Alley and continue along the Great River Road. Pass Whitney, St Joseph and Evergreen plantations and learn about their histories from your guide before arriving at Laura Plantation, a lovely Creole plantation surrounded by sugarcane fields. After seeing the mansion, explore the outbuildings and lush flower and vegetable gardens. Your 1.5-hour guided tour finishes up in one of the slave cabins where the West African folktales that inspired the Br'er Rabbit stories were said to be recorded.
Following your tour of Laura Plantation, reboard your van for the ride back to New Orleans. Your 5.5-hour Louisiana plantation experience ends with drop-off at your hotel.
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Tour departs from downtown New Orleans and French Quarter hotels only
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Departs at 8:30am
USD $104.99Pricing details
Departs at 12:30pm
USD $104.99Pricing details
Oak Alley Plantation
- Transport by air-conditioned 13-passenger van
- Guided tour of Oak Alley Plantation
- Guided tour of Laura Plantation
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 5 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability.
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
- Service animals are permitted. Please advise at time of booking to arrange accommodations
Reviewed by: laurie621, May 2015
OUr tour guide Jenny was the BEST GUIDE EVER! AWESOME does not describe her expertise and energy that she showed about these BRILLIANT properties and their rich histories. The manner in which she spoke about the histories and the traditions regarding these two plantation homes made me feel the passion all the more because she brings it out in you. Well spoken and energetic was the precurosr to the tour. Adriana the house tour guide as well as the other gentlemen that were all dressed in period piece customs really were part of the once in a lifetime experience. The young lady making the Mint Julips on the porch was delightful as well.. FANTASTIC! experience TAKE THIS TOUR as it is THE ONLY WAY TO truly enjoy your experience.
Reviewed by: Linda g, May 2015
very nice, the tour guide was excellent as was the guides at the plantations, would love to do the Whitney plantation some day