Select a datex
Admire the posh homes of New Orleans' Garden District on this morning walking tour. Observe impressive examples of Greek Revival and Italianate architecture including mansions belonging to Anne Rice, Sandra Bullock and John Goodman. See where Confederate leader Jefferson Davis died, witness the above-ground burial ground at Lafayette Cemetery, and learn about the history of the Garden District from your guide. Your tour includes roundtrip transportation from the French Quarter and refreshments at Magazine PoBoy Shop.
Your tour begins in the French Quarter, where you'll board a comfortable, air-conditioned coach and travel to the quieter and more genteel Garden District. This elegant historical area, known for its marvelous examples of Greek Revival and Italianate architecture and lovely gardens, was once the site of a number of plantations. Learn from your guide how in the 19th century it was sold off piece by piece primarily to wealthy Americans who built the lavish mansions that still dominate this district.
See mansions belonging to local author Anne Rice, actress Sandra Bullock, actor John Goodman, and former New Orleans Saints' quarterback — and father of Peyton and Eli — Archie Manning. Stop for an exclusive tour of a stately Garden District home built around the end of the American Civil War in 1865.
Enjoy light refreshments at Magazine PoBoy Shop before heading back to the French Quarter by coach at the end of your 2.5-hour Garden District tour.
The Garden District has many spectacular homes
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:Tour departs from the French Quarter
Return Details:Returns to original departure point
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Garden District Mansion
- Transport to and from the Garden District by air-conditioned coach
- Local guide
- Light refreshments
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless you are booking within 7 days of tour date. In this case, confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability.
- Cemetery closed on some holidays, Saturday afternoons and Sundays
- In order to help protect the French Quarter from vehicular traffic, it is requested that you please walk, if possible, to the convenient tour departure point — just a short stroll from most downtown hotels
- Tour vehicles are equipped for wheelchair storage. If wheelchairs collapse and fold, they can be placed in the storage compartment on the bus. If the wheelchair is a scooter, then special arrangements need to be made with the supplier for a handicap-accessible bus. This must be arranged 48 hours prior to tour date. Contact details will be on your voucher
- The audio system may not be used during inclement weather
- Child rates apply to those under the age of 6 who occupy a seat. Lap children under 6 years ride for free
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.