Garden District Walking Tour: Mansions and Lafayette Cemetery
See mansions belonging to local author Anne Rice, actress Sandra Bullock, actor John Goodman, and former New Orleans Saints' quarterback — and father of Peyton and Eli — Archie Manning. Stop for an exclusive tour of a stately Garden District home built around the end of the American Civil War in 1865.
Enjoy light refreshments at Magazine PoBoy Shop before heading back to the French Quarter by coach at the end of your 2.5-hour Garden District tour.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Garden District Mansion
- Transport to and from the Garden District by air-conditioned coach
- Local guide
- Light refreshments
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless you are booking within 7 days of tour date. In this case, confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability.
- Cemetery closed on some holidays, Saturday afternoons and Sundays
- In order to help protect the French Quarter from vehicular traffic, it is requested that you please walk, if possible, to the convenient tour departure point — just a short stroll from most downtown hotels
- Tour vehicles are equipped for wheelchair storage. If wheelchairs collapse and fold, they can be placed in the storage compartment on the bus. If the wheelchair is a scooter, then special arrangements need to be made with the supplier for a handicap-accessible bus. This must be arranged 48 hours prior to tour date. Contact details will be on your voucher
- The audio system may not be used during inclement weather
- Child rates apply to those under the age of 6 who occupy a seat. Lap children under 6 years ride for free
Reviewed by: Elizabeth L, November 2015
Our guide was excellent!!! She knew so much about the history, architecture and residents of the garden district. I would highly recommend this tour and the guide.
Reviewed by: Kerry E, November 2015
great tour around the beautiful Garden District with a knowledgeable guide! The house we were able to go inside of was totally breath-taking and a real treat to see a house preserved in such a way to give you a real sense of how these grand houses would have looked years ago. We also got a quick visit to the Lafayette Cemetery and saw the homes of the rich and famous along the way. Lovely way to spend the day, value for money and highly recommended.