Garden District Walking Tour: Mansions and Lafayette Cemetery
See mansions belonging to local author Anne Rice, actress Sandra Bullock, actor John Goodman, and former New Orleans Saints' quarterback — and father of Peyton and Eli — Archie Manning. Stop for an exclusive tour of a stately Garden District home built around the end of the American Civil War in 1865.
Enjoy light refreshments at Magazine PoBoy Shop before heading back to the French Quarter by coach at the end of your 2.5-hour Garden District tour.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Garden District Mansion
- Transport to and from the Garden District by air-conditioned coach
- Local guide
- Light refreshments
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless you are booking within 7 days of tour date. In this case, confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability.
- Cemetery closed on some holidays, Saturday afternoons and Sundays
- In order to help protect the French Quarter from vehicular traffic, it is requested that you please walk, if possible, to the convenient tour departure point — just a short stroll from most downtown hotels
- Tour vehicles are equipped for wheelchair storage. If wheelchairs collapse and fold, they can be placed in the storage compartment on the bus. If the wheelchair is a scooter, then special arrangements need to be made with the supplier for a handicap-accessible bus. This must be arranged 48 hours prior to tour date. Contact details will be on your voucher
- The audio system may not be used during inclement weather
- Child rates apply to those under the age of 6 who occupy a seat. Lap children under 6 years ride for free
Reviewed by: Kathleen H, September 2015
This tour was fantastic. I learned so much about the history of New Orleans and about architecture styles of the Garden District houses in just 3 hours. The guide, Robi, was very entertaining and informative. Thankfully it was slightly overcast on the day of our tour which kept the temperature down. Robi did give everyone a bottle of water and a fan at the beginning of tour and then another cold beverage at the end but if the sun had been out it would have been quite hot and you do walk for most of the tour. I would recommend this tour highly.
Reviewed by: Marybeth M, September 2015
There is no describing the beauty of the Garden District... You have to see it! This tour is the perfect way! Our guide, Julie was great! She knew so much of the history. This was the perfect way to spend a couple hours, our first morning in New Orleans.