Best Nassau Shark Diving
The Nassau Shark Adventure is a 2-tank dive program which introduces thrill seeking divers to wild sharks and provides you a close up look at these magnificent and misunderstood creatures in the stunning waters of the Bahamas!
There are currently four sites where you can dive with the sharks. You'll dive either the combination of 'Shark Wall' and 'The Arena' or the combination of 'Shark Wall North' and 'The Runway'. At either location, you'll encounter a gathering of Caribbean Reef Sharks on a consistent basis.
Your first dive is a 'Free Swim' with the sharks on a magnificent wall. The sharks will follow you throughout the dive because you'll be close to the feeding site and they know that dinner time is soon. However, no bait is exposed on this dive. This keeps the sharks curious and creates a very natural encounter for divers - just as you would encounter a shark in the wild.
Your second dive is a shark-feeding dive. Unlike ordinary dives, you'll spend this dive kneeling on the ocean floor. Divers form a semi-circle in front of the professional shark feeder who'll place a bait box on the bottom. Your feeder utilizes the bait box and a pole spear to control the release of food that influences the shark's behavior. Watch exactly how the shark feeder keeps the sharks in a 'polite' feeding posture. The sharks will come very close but they are more interested in the bait than you!
- Must be at least 10 years of age
- Must be a certified diver (must bring certification card at time of check-in)
- Must have good physical health
- Divers who have not logged a dive within the last 3 years will be required to complete a refresher program prior to joining any scheduled dives. Each participant is required to wear a full wetsuit or skin (long sleeves and long legs)
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Tours depart from Southwest Bay Street, Nassau or near the cruise ship terminal.
- East End hotels: 11:15am
- Paradise Island: 11:30am
- Downtown hotels: 11:45pm
- Cable Beach hotels: 12:00pm
- West of Cable Beach hotels: 12:10pm
Returns to original departure point at approximately 6:00pm
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Nasau Shark Diving
- The use of tanks, weights and weightbelts
- Fresh drinking water and ice
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Dive equipment and wetsuit (rental available)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Videotape of dive
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- All participants MUST be certified as a diver or junior diver (must bring certification card at time of check-in)
- Each participant is required to wear full wetsuit or skin (long sleeves and long legs) and gloves on this dive
- Videotape of the dive is available for an additional fee
- New divers who have not yet purchased their own equipment can rest easy with the knowledge that all rental equipment is less than 2 years old and only from the very best manufacturers
- Tour duration includes hotel transportation time
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
Approximate rental costs for equipment:
- Wetsuits - $10 per day
- Regulators w/ alternate air sources and consoles - $7 per day
- Buoyancy Compensators - $7 per day
- Mask / Fins / Snorkel Set - $7 per day (Fins are full foot fins with sizes from 3-4 to 11-13)
Reviewed by: Diar G, December 2014
It's a must do for divers, and if you're not a diver, become one so you can do this.
Reviewed by: natalie s, October 2014
extremely professional and fun excursion. They helped set up equipment and thoroughly explain everything before starting.
the sharks literally brush by you while he is feeding them. This was a once in a lifetime adventure that I will NEVER forget. Best money I've ever spent!