Nuremberg Day Trip from Munich
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
You'll also see the other Nuremberg that locals are rightly proud of. The medieval fortifications of the striking old town, Gothic churches, colorful market places and hilltop castle of the old imperial city are as awe-inspiring today as ever.
Nuremberg hosted the Imperial Diet (or parliament) of the Holy Roman Empire and was nominated an Imperial Free City by the Emperor Frederick II. It was a center of cultural vitality at the center of major imperial trade routes. It played a key role in the Reformation, and in the printing and scientific revolutions that shaped the modern world. It was home to one of Germany's oldest Jewish communities.
The old rally grounds today host a major Documentation Center that maps all of this painful history in detailed clarity and represents evidence of Nuremberg's determination to come to terms with its past.
Our expert English-speaking guide will accompany you on the pleasant 1.5 hour train journey from Munich and back again, giving you a comprehensive tour through this unique city.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
- Fully guided tour by native English speaker with specialist knowledge
- Return rail journey from Munich
- Walking tour of Nuremberg
- Admission to the Nazi Party Rally Grounds
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Admission to Nazi Party Documentation Centre
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Reviewed by: Dorothy C W, July 2015
Was a well-organized trip and I enjoyed it thoroughly!
Reviewed by: Kirsten D, June 2015
Absolutely loved this tour! The town is charming and full of history that we did not know anything about. We had an Americsn tour guide, Jason, who was awesome!