Mount Pilatus Summer Day Trip from Lucerne
For a full day of summer splendor, make for the mountains on this guided roundtrip from Lucerne to central Switzerland's Mount Pilatus. Your full day guided tour includes a gondola and aerial cable car ride, descending the world's steepest cog-wheel railway and a cruise on Lake Lucerne.
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
Venture on a half day round trip from Lucerne to Mount Pilatus on this guided alpine summer tour. Escorted by your professional guide, take the aerial cable-car from Kriens 7000 feet (2132 meters) to the top of Mt.Pilatus. Enjoy unforgettable views over surrounding mountains and lakes with approximately an hour and a half at your leisure. Venture down the Dragon's Path and make the short hike to the summit before descending by cogwheel train to Alpnachstad. At a gradient of 48% it's the world's steepest!
Your summer alpine adventures conclude with a picturesque boat ride across lovely Lake Lucerne.
Please note, if you are traveling in late October, the aerial cable car could be canceled due to poor or unsafe weather conditions. If this is the case, you will travel up and down Mt. Pilatus by cogwheel train.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Mount Pilatus Summer Day Trip
- Cable-car Ride
- Cogwheel Train Ride - the steepest train in Europe! (approximately May 7 to October 31)
- Boat Ride on Lake Lucerne (approximately May 7 until mid-October)
- A complementary lunch in the event of the boat ride is not operating
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
- Please note the cable car operates subject to weather conditions. When the cable car does not operate, you will be transported up and down the mountain by cog-wheel train
Reviewed by: Christine, July 2014
Beautiful views along the mountain and lake. This is the best place and tour I've been in Switzerland. Highly recommend!
Reviewed by: Wendy F, July 2014
Absolutely fantastic. Second gondola man said it was the heaviest rain he had experienced so a bit scary. Weather fined up to a magnificent view. A fantastic day out. Would do it again.