London in One Day Sightseeing Tour
Book before August 31, 2014 and save 10%!
- Hotel pickup included
- Led by a Blue Badge guide
- Great overview and orientation of the city
Travel to Buckingham Palace, the official London residence of the Queen, and walk around in front of the gates to see the famous Changing of the Guard ceremony. Have your camera ready to capture the pomp and pageantry of the Queen’s Foot Guard as they march in their eye-catching red tunics and bearskin hats, and then travel by coach to a traditional London pub in Trafalgar Square.
Rest and refuel with a hearty lunch (own expense), and then continue your day of sightseeing with a visit to the City of London, an area just east of the city center where many of London’s banks can be found. Besides financial institutions like the Bank of England, the district is also home to iconic London attractions such as St Paul’s Cathedral and Mansion House. Look out for the sights as your guide explains their history.
Continue to the Tower of London, and head inside for a walking tour. The former prison and fortress, which looks out over the River Thames, was built to terrify potential invaders and Londoners alike. Steeped in centuries of murder and treason, the tower is fascinating to explore with its famous jet-black ravens and Beefeater guides. On a tour with one of the Beefeaters, hear tragic tales of the royals and nobles who met their end within the tower’s walls.
St Paul’s Cathedral is closed to the public on Sundays and following dates: March 5, 13, 19, 25, April 2, 18, May 13, June 21, 25, 28, October 9, 15, 17 and December 23 2014. On these dates, there will be a photo stop outside the Cathedral and the tour will visit Tower Bridge Exhibition or Banqueting House instead.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Hotel pickup is available from selected London hotels
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Changing of the Guard
- Hotel pickup
- Blue Badge guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach (maximum 50 people)
- Entrance fee to the Tower of London
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children under 16 years must be accompanied by an adult
- St Paul’s Cathedral is closed to the public on Sundays and following dates: March 5, 13, 19, 25, April 2, 18, May 13, June 21, 25, 28, October 9, 15 and 17 2014. On these dates, there will be a photo stop outside the Cathedral and the tour will visit Tower Bridge Exhibition or Banqueting House instead.
- Occasionally there may not be a Changing of the Guard. On these occasions you will visit Horse Guards Parade, built on the site of the jousting yard of the old Whitehall Palace.
Reviewed by: Christopher C, July 2014
Tour was excellent very informative
Reviewed by: Kathryn L, July 2014
A great way to see London. Our guide was fabulous!