This tour will take you to the unexplored area of the south of Lisbon: Arrábida. Just a few kilometers south of Lisbon you will stop at the castle of Palmela which once was the headquarters of the mighty Saint James Religious Order and where its walls still have the privilege to admire the amazing views of the Setubal bay and the Troia Peninsula.
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
Your journey will continue to Azeitao to enjoy the flavors and aromas of the Moscatel wine in the famous Jose Maria da Fonseca Wine Cellars where we will learn all about the production techniques of this famous fortified wine. After such an exquisite appetizer it will be the perfect time for lunch in Setubal at one of the many fresh fish restaurants of this area, where you can enjoy the sounds and views of the beautiful Sado estuary.
After lunch your journey will continue to Sesimbra where you can admire spectacular views of the Atlantic Ocean and the cascade of white-washed houses of the fishing community of Sesimbra. But your day wouldn't be complete without a visit to the most famous cape of this region: the Cape Espichel where its austere sanctuary still drives some to come and pay a tribute to Our Lady at the local small church. Behind the church lies a true hidden secret: the cliffs of the Cabo Espichel that manage to combine its reddish color with the blue waters of the Ocean in a truly inspiring scenery. Your tour will end with a drive back to Lisbon.
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:Tour departs from centrally located Lisbon hotels
Cruise Port Pickup passengers: you will be met by a representative outside the Reception Hall
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Return Details:Concludes at original point of departure
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drink, unless specified
- Entrance fee for the Wine Cellars
- Entrance fees to the monuments
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- At time of booking, Cruise Ship passengers must provide the following details under Special Requirements: Ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.