El Dorado Canyon and Gold Mine Trip
Explore the historical El Dorado Canyon like never before on an exhilarating off-road ATV excursion from Las Vegas! All-terrain vehicles are the perfect way to tour the back canyons of this remote and long-forgotten area, plus you'll take a walking tour of the spooky Techatticcup gold mine.
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
- Free snacks included
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- All necessary equipment included
On this exciting day trip from Las Vegas you'll ride your ATV into extreme mountain terrain, surrounded by cactus forest and with towering, multicolored rock formations as a backdrop. Riding under the big open sky is an awesome experience, flanked by the Colorado River and mountain ranges leading to the Grand Canyon!
On your tour you'll be driving a late-model, 4WD ATV that's fully automatic and an absolute blast to ride. After a safety and operations orientation, beginners and experienced riders alike will be ready to hit the trail with a professional guide.
You'll also take a stroll into the pages of history with a walking tour of the Techatticcup mine. Venturing deep into this gold mine, which is rumored to be haunted, you'll visit three deep shafts and learn how the miners labored feverishly on their quest for gold.
Your meal stop in the Old West Town will also take you back in time, at the foundations of one of the original 19th-century mining camps. Enjoy a picnic lunch under the covered pavilion while you hear the sound of the natural spring which attracts big horn sheep and a variety of desert wildlife. Look closely and you might see creatures that otherwise blend into the natural landscape of the desert.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
9:00am (September - May)
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
7am Departure w/ Lunch
Departs at 7am with lunch
9am Departure w/ Lunch
Departs at 9am with lunch
El Dorado Canyon and Gold Mine Trip
- ATV tour
- Helmets, goggles and gloves
- Bottled water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- The listed price does not include a $10 per person fuel surcharge, payable at the time of tour check-in
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- No license is required to ride an ATV
- Minimum age is 16 years to operate the ATV with a valid photo I.D.
- Riders under 18 years must have a parent or guardian sign a consent waiver
- All participants are required to sign a damage waiver. The minimum charge is USD$150 should an ATV be rolled or tipped, regardless of whether any damage is visible.
Reviewed by: Lori A, July 2014
Awesome fun !! The ATV ride was fun. It was good for beginners, maybe not as aggressive a drive as I would have liked as an experienced rider, but the views were great, and was still fun, the guide made sure to keep everyone together . The tour guide was great, pointed out lots of interesting facts, very knowledgeable. The gold mine tour was amazing, very interesting, it was a definite highlight. Also, loved the ghost town house and all the cool old stuff to look at. I would recommend this for anyone looking for a real adventure outside of Vegas. This was my favorite part of our Vegas trip.
Reviewed by: Adam B, June 2014
Excellent well worth the price. From start to finish the guides were brilliant