South Shore Helicopter Tour
Up, up and away! Take to the skies for a spectacular 20 minute flight over Lake Tahoe's South Shore. Look for the boats dotting the lake beneath you, the surrounding dense forests and the beautiful mountain peaks. Every passenger has a window seat, so you are guaranteed the best possible views. This is an absolute must while in Tahoe!
View scenic Lake Tahoe the way that it was meant to be seen...by helicopter! Take the South Shore Tour and see the beauty of Lake Tahoe from Zephyr Cove to the magnificent Emerald Bay.
The South Shore Tour departs the South Lake Tahoe airport and heads north to the lake. Upon reaching the shoreline, you will head straight to Zephyr Cove. After reaching Zephyr Cove, you will turn south and follow the shoreline towards Stateline and Edgewood Golf Course.
After passing the casinos, your flight will continue along the shoreline past Tahoe Keys and head towards Camp Richardson. Once past Camp Richardson, you'll enjoy a trip around Emerald Bay. Your flight will then bring you back to the airport at South Lake Tahoe.Your helicopter will be a Robinson R44 Raven II or a Bell 206 LongRanger. These are some of the safest and quietest helicopters in the industry. Each copter comes equipped with leather seats and Active Noise Reduction headsets, so you can enjoy your flight in comfort without any unnecessary noise.
Depending on the helicopter being flown, passenger count will be 3, 4 or 5 passengers and the pilot. Be assured that EVERY seat is a window seat!
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
South Shore Helicopter Tour
- 20 minute scenic helicopter flight
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking.
- MINIMUM OF TWO (2) PASSENGERS PER BOOKING REQUIRED. Individuals who book for only 1 passenger will be required to pay a 50% surcharge directly to operator upon check-in
- Each helicopter holds 3, 4 or 5 passengers and the pilot - depending on the helicopter being flown
- Maximum allowed weight per person is 250 pounds (113kg)
- All passenger weights MUST be advised at time of booking
- Minimum age is 2 years
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Handicapped and disabled passengers are welcome to fly with pilot approval, prior to flight. A full refund will be given if disability cannot be accommodated
Reviewed by: Josephine M, August 2014
Our pilot was fun. We loved the flight and views. He was knowledgeable about the lake and Emerald Bay. Just wish we could have been up longer. It was a great flight and woukd go again.
Reviewed by: Susie G, February 2013
the pilots were so nice. Seemed like they knew what they were doing. Changed the course of the flight so we could buzz our friends who were skiing. Great choice. The lady who booked the flight for us on the phone was exceptional! Thanks!!!