2-Day Best of Israel Tour: Old Jerusalem, Bethlehem, Masada & the Dead Sea
- Breakfast included
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Multi-Day Trip
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
Visit Masada by cable-car, and see the ruins of King Herod's mansion, followed by an overview of the Dead Sea Scrolls at the Qumran caves. The tour concludes at the Dead Sea, where you will have time to relax on the mineral beach and float in the salt-rich sea before heading back to Jerusalem.
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
2-Day Best of Israel Tour: Old Jerusalem, Bethlehem, Masada and the Dead Sea
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Professional guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Overnight accommodation
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- A moderate dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. Please refrain from wearing shorts. Knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
Departing from Jerusalem in your air-conditioned coach, stop at the Mount of Olives for scenic views of the Dome of the Rock at the Temple Mount Esplanade in Old Jerusalem.
Pass the Garden of Gethsemane before continuing into the Old City. See the famous Western Wall (Wailing Wall) which functions as an open-air synagogue, before walking the pilgrimage route of the Via Dolorosa. Look out for the 14 Stations of the Cross as you trace Jesus' steps to the site of his crucifixion at the Church of the Holy Sepulchre.
A short 6-mile coach journey takes you to Bethlehem, where you will see the Manger Square - flanked by the Church of the Nativity and also the Mosque of Oman. From here you will go on to explore the Milk Grotto (where Mary was said to feed the baby Jesus) before visiting the Shepherd Fields where the 'shepherds watched their flocks by night'. You will then be driven to your overnight accommodation at the following hotel (or one of a similiar tourist grade standard):
- Park Plaza Hotel, Jerusalem
After breakfast the next morning, you wil set off through the Judean desert before arriving at the cable car which will take you to the mountaintop site of Masada. It was here that King Herod built two fortified palaces over 2,000 years ago.
Continue to the Dead Sea past the Ein Gedi oasis to the ancient caves of Qumran where you will see the fabled Dead Sea Scrolls.
Final stop is the Dead Sea, where you'll have approximately two hours to relax on the mineral beach and opportunity to float in the salt-rich water, 400m (1,312 ft) below sea level! Don't miss the chance to have a mud bath in the world's richest source of natural salts.
The drive back to Jerusalem and see the ancient city of Jericho, referred to in the Hebrew Bible as the 'City of Palm Trees' from the distance, before your multi-day tour concludes in the early evening.
Reviewed by: dja01, February 2014
It was absolutely fantastic, guides were great and tour small enough to enjoy with the guide, would recommend to anyone, and will probably use them again for a different tour of Israel
Reviewed by: ERIC B, August 2013
We had a great time, tour guide were nice, overall a great experience !