Sierra Nevada Day Trip from Granada
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Hotel pickup included
- Get up-close to native wildlife
Sierra Nevada is a rocky massif that forms a clearly distinct geographical unit. It is located to the south-east of the city of Granada and extends along the western end of Almeria. It offers a sharp contrast between the soft relief of hillocks to other more rugged areas. The tallest peaks on the Peninsula can be found in this Reserve: Mulhacen (3,482 meters) and Veleta (3,392 meters).
The main plant communities dotted over this rocky massif are the holm oak groves, deciduous forests, chestnut trees and Melojo oaks, high mountain groves and padded brushwood on the very highest summits, where the species form a cushion to protect themselves from the winter temperatures and icy winds.
As for fauna, there are invertebrates that are exclusive to this massif, including more than 20 species of butterflies.
On the way back to the hotel you will have the opportunity to sample a local tapas menu.
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 - 60 minutes prior to this time, exact pickup time will be advised on reconfirmation.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Sierra Nevada, Spain
- Hotel pickup and drop off (selected hotels only)
- Professional guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund