Da Vinci Code and Scottish Borders Small Group Day Trip from Edinburgh
Departing Edinburgh, you will head south to the world-famous Scott's View, with stunning views over the Tweed Valley and Eildon Hills. From here, you will travel to Melrose with the opportunity to explore its great Border abbey, founded by the Cistercians in the 12th century. The Cistercian monks had very close connections with the Knights Templar and Melrose Abbey is the burial place of Robert the Bruce's heart, brought back from the crusades in Moorish Spain.
Following lunch in Melrose you will make your way to the stunning 15th-century Rosslyn Chapel, immortalized in The Da Vinci Code and an important site of beauty and history in its own right.
The tour includes a discount card, offering fantastic savings on top Edinburgh and Scotland visitor attractions, restaurants, pubs and shopping.
Winner of the Inaugural Scottish Thistle Award for Sustainable Tourism, October 2007.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Melrose Abbey, Scotland
- Professional driver/guide
- Discount Card offering discounts off local restaurants, shopping and attractions
- Modern Mercedes minivan with forced air ventilation (maximum 16 people)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Entrance fees (discount card offers reductions)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Minimum age is 6 years
- There are opportunities to take nature walks, it is recommended to bring suitable clothing and footwear. Scotland can be a wet place!
- The First Edinburgh tour operator to be awarded 5 star status by the Scottish Tourist Board.
Reviewed by: Gabriela B, December 2014
We loved the tour, the guide everything. Unfortunately that day the van where we were traveling had a problem and we stayed for a while on the road. But the driver worked it out wonderfully, being nice, fun and soon we were on track. The tour was wonderful. Thanks a lot, We would love to do more next time we visit UK.
Reviewed by: Kimberly S, December 2014
Wonderful tour! Our tour guide, Dave, was fabulous and added so much to the tour- including history and humor! Another nice touch he added was music! Truly one the highlights of our entire vacation! Thank you!