Table Mountain and Cape Town Half-Day Trip
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Views from the top of Table Mountain are equally spectacular and you’ll have plenty of time to enjoy them independently. Take a walk around and see the city laid out below you. Look over to the Atlantic coastline and, if the weather is clear enough, catch a glimpse of tiny Robben Island in the distance.
After descending the mountain by cable car, meet your guide for a comprehensive tour of Cape Town. Traveling by air-conditioned minibus, you’ll pass top Cape Town attractions in the city center, as well as lesser-known sites in the city’s Malay Quarter (Bo-Kaap) on Signal Hill. Admire the neighborhood’s brightly colored houses and learn about its fascinating history, including tales of Cape Malay slaves during the 16th and 17th centuries.
Time permitting, visit the Castle of Good Hope – one of South Africa’s oldest buildings—and see its incredible dungeons with your guide. Travel to Milnerton Lighthouse to see the beacon that guides ships in-to Table Bay, and then end your tour with a visit to Cape Town’s famous Diamond Works. Learn all about South African jewelry – the country’s most famous export – on a tour of the factory before returning to your Cape Town hotel.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Departs at 8am
USD $29.92Pricing details
Departs at 1.30pm
USD $29.92Pricing details
Travel by Cable Way to the top of Table Mountain
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Local guide
- Food and drinks
- Entrance fees Table Mountain Aerial Cableway (approximately ZAR195)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- On occasion when Table Mountain is closed, the tour will spend time at Signal Hill to admire views over Cape Town
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
Reviewed by: Lynn K, November 2015
We found this trip to be very informative and really covered all areas of Cape Town No need for Hop on Hop Off bus tour after this Table Mountain itself offered fantastic views over the area and loved seeing the clouds roll in Loved the coloured houses in Malay Quarter and Camps Bay a must visit Well done for this great tour
Reviewed by: Rosalie M, United Kingdom, November 2015
Rodney was our guide and what a wonderful interesting man he was. The cable was not operating for us on the day however he made sure that we went up to signal hill in time for the noon day gun and took us to the castle and gave us a personal tour.