Table Mountain and Cape Town Half-Day Trip
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Views from the top of Table Mountain are equally spectacular and you’ll have plenty of time to enjoy them independently. Take a walk around and see the city laid out below you. Look over to the Atlantic coastline and, if the weather is clear enough, catch a glimpse of tiny Robben Island in the distance.
After descending the mountain by cable car, meet your guide for a comprehensive tour of Cape Town. Traveling by air-conditioned minibus, you’ll pass top Cape Town attractions in the city center, as well as lesser-known sites in the city’s Malay Quarter (Bo-Kaap) on Signal Hill. Admire the neighborhood’s brightly colored houses and learn about its fascinating history, including tales of Cape Malay slaves during the 16th and 17th centuries.
Time permitting, visit the Castle of Good Hope – one of South Africa’s oldest buildings—and see its incredible dungeons with your guide. Travel to Milnerton Lighthouse to see the beacon that guides ships in-to Table Bay, and then end your tour with a visit to Cape Town’s famous Diamond Works. Learn all about South African jewelry – the country’s most famous export – on a tour of the factory before returning to your Cape Town hotel.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Departs at 8am
USD $29.78Pricing details
Departs at 1.30pm
USD $29.78Pricing details
Travel by Cable Way to the top of Table Mountain
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Local guide
- Food and drinks
- Entrance fees Table Mountain Aerial Cableway (approximately ZAR195)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- On occasion when Table Mountain is closed, the tour will spend time at Signal Hill to admire views over Cape Town
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
Reviewed by: Roslyn B, February 2016
Elaine and Rodney were the perfect guide and driver for our trip. Their ability to make us feel welcome, their expert knowledge and comments and sense of fun was awesome. Elaine was able to keep us altogether and on time to enjoy her beautiful city.
Reviewed by: lilybug, January 2016
This was a half day tour and did not fall short of any of our expectations. The tour guide was awesome and was able to give a lot of history regarding the places we visit. Table mountain is a must and unless you are planning to hike the amount of time spent on the mountain is more than enough. Town tour, castle, and diamond factory was exciting.