Columbia Icefield Tour including the Glacier Skywalk from Calgary
On this day trip from Calgary, see the exciting Icefields Parkway on your way to the Columbia Icefield, and explore the Athabasca Glacier with the Ice Explorer. Stop for dinner in Banff, a beautiful town set amidst the grandeur of the Canadian Rockies. Return to Calgary late in the evening, and reminisce about the day's alpine adventure.
From Calgary, you'll travel the Trans Canada Highway across the prairie, through rolling foothills and into the Canadian Rocky Mountains and Banff National Park. Take a morning stroll on the shore of Lake Louise where Mount Victoria and the Victoria Glacier create a stunning backdrop.
Visit Lake Louise, the icon of the Canadian Rockies, before your spectacular journey along the Icefields Parkway. At Lake Louise stroll along its emerald green shores with a picture-perfect view of the Victoria Glacier. With photographic stops at Crowfoot Glacier and Peyto Lake, you head towards the impressive view at the Big Hill.
Then embark on one of the most scenic drives in Canada, the Icefield Parkway. Ride on the all-terrain Ice Explorer and delight in the excursion on the Athabascar Glacier. Step out onto the glacier and stand on the ancient ice!
On your scenic return trip, a stop in Banff provides time to dine and explore this historic mountain town before departing for Calgary in the evening.
Please note: This tour is seasonal and only operates from May through to October.
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
- Calgary Marriott downtown hotel - 6:15am
- Delta Bow Valley Hotel - 5:50am
- Fairmont Palliser hotel - 6:10am
- International Hotel of Calgary - 5:50am
- Ramada Hotel Downtown Calgary - 6:05am
- Sandman Calgary City Centre - 6:05am
- Westin Calgary Hotel - 5:55am
Returns to original departure point
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Columbia Icefield Tour from Calgary
- Hot buffet lunch
- Ride in the Ice Explorer
- Admission to Glacier Skywalk
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Pick-up and/or drop-off at multiple locations available
- Local Taxes
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
- Prior to your travel date, your hotel details must be advised to tour operator so they may arrange your pickup. If you do not indicate this at the time of booking, you will be required to call and advise them of this information directly. The contact details will be on your voucher once you have a confirmed booking
- Guests may depart this tour in Lake Louise or Banff if accommodation has been arranged
Reviewed by: Mary O, August 2015
The tour was amazing and Alister was full of knowledge and was also a great driver. Brewster bus didn't have our reservations even though we had a confirmation from viator which caused some distress. The Columbia Icefield was unbelievable and breathtaking and I would recommend this trip to others.
Reviewed by: Stacey V, August 2015
This was a great tour, and the guides did a great job keeping everyone together and timely so that we were able to enjoy all the activities. There was traffic slow down on the way back due to an unfortunate accident so did not get as much time for dinner as expected but did not go hungry as there is a Tim Hortons in the bus terminal to get dinner.