Berlin Bike Tour: Third Reich and Nazi Germany
- Cycle the city streets to absorb the local atmosphere
- Step back in time on a history tour
Highlights of this tour include:
- Seeing Jewish businesses destroyed during the infamous Nazi Night of Broken Glass, as well as the monumental New Synagogue that survived that night, at least.
- Exploring the destroyed remnants of the Kaiser Wilhelm Memorial Church and Berlin's old main train station, both heavily bombed during air raids, that still stand as a grim reminder to the damages of war.
- Visiting one of the few remaining functional air raid shelters, which was topped with anti-aircraft guns, and was filled way beyond occupancy during the Allied Battle of Berlin.
- Understanding Hitler's immense plan for Berlin, once it would become the Reich capital of Germania, by seeing what remains of Hitler's old government installations.
- Honoring the resistance movements against the Third Reich, particularly the assassination attempts on Hitler, at the Memorial of the July 20th, 1944
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Berlin Third Reich Bike Tour
- Bike tour of Berlin
- New beach cruiser bicycle and helmet
- Professional guide
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant and child seats are available
Because there is so much to see in Berlin and this city is so bike friendly, simply the best way to see this city is by bike. The tour takes advantage of the many bike paths the city offers - more than 95% of the tour is on bike paths and through parks. When you do ride on the streets, ride along the less-traveled roads. All insurance is included.
Ultra-hard seats? Razor-thin tires? Not on this tour! With new curvy beach cruisers these bikes are the pinnacles of city-biking comfort. With cushy seats, fat tires and handlebars that come up to meet you, it just doesn't get more relaxed. Of course these bikes perform as well. There are vice-like brakes to make sure you stop quickly. And with multiple gears, you can choose your level of pedal-pushing effort (all bikes also come with fun bells and unique names making these quite possibly the coolest bikes on the planet).
Ride rain or shine. The weather in Berlin can vary quickly, so you may want to bring a light jumper or rain jacket. The bikes come equipped with bike racks if you don't need to wear it. Also, a limited number of gloves and rain jackets are available, but again, it's better to be on the safe side and plan ahead.
Regardless if this is your first trip to Berlin of if you already feel like "ein Berliner", this is a great way to see the city and understand what makes Berlin so special. Here are just some of the many reasons why:
- Berlin is a very flat, bike-friendly city and our tours take advantage of this by riding almost exclusively on bike paths and less-traveled roads.
- You'll stop every few hundred meters to discuss the sights, so tours aren't the least bit strenuous.
Reviewed by: Brian I, November 2015
This was a great way to get to see part of the city and rehearse the history! They guide was very knowledgeable and personal. It was a very enjoyable day. The biking was easy and fun. The tour was informative and interesting. I highly recommend this or any of the other tours as a great way to spend the day!
Reviewed by: Nina P, November 2015