Kicking Horse River Rafting Adventure for Beginners Including Lunch
While in Banff, enjoy a mild whitewater-rafting trip on the Kicking Horse River, the premier rafting river in the Canadian Rockies. On this half-day tour, spend an hour paddling Class II and III rapids at a leisurely pace with your knowledgeable guide, and then enjoy a BBQ lunch. This activity is perfect for families and those seeking a calmer river-rafting experience.
Your half-day river-rafting tour departs from Kicking Horse Road in Golden, approximately 1.5 hours west of Banff. When you arrive, you’ll be greeted by your guide and given a safety orientation. Then, strap on your safety gear, hop in your raft, and start floating at a leisurely pace down the Kicking Horse River.
Take in the beautiful mountain scenery as you paddle along the Class II and III rapids with the help of your guide, who’ll teach you about the history of the area. Enjoy a peaceful float along the glacial river, looking out for wildlife along the way.
After your ride, head to your private river base to play some beach volleyball and enjoy a delicious BBQ lunch while viewing a slideshow of your rafting adventure.
- Choice of main dish: free-range chicken, Alberta angus beef or vegetarian burger on a fresh-baked bun
- Assorted salads
- Choice of dessert: triple-chocolate fudge cake, triple-berry crumble, butter tart squares or carrot cake
- Hot and cold drinks
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
2936 Kicking Horse Road, Golden, BC
Pickup available from the following Canmore, Banff and Lake Louise locations (for an additional cost):Canmore, BC:
- Canmore Radisson (MUST be a minimum of 4 passengers)
- Banff Rocky Mountain Resort
- Hidden Ridge/Douglas Fir
- Banff Centre
- Rundlestone Lodge
- Banff Caribou Lodge & Spa
- Fox Hotel
- Samesun Backpackers
- Banff Aspen Lodge
- Banff Ptarmigan Inn
- Fairmont Banff Springs
- Rimrock Resort
- Samson Mall
- The Information Centre
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Rafting without Transport
Rafting tour does not include transport. Please make your own way to the tour departure location
Rafting with Transport
Rafting tour including round-trip transportation
- All river-rafting equipment
- Certified guide
- BBQ lunch (including vegetarian options)
- Local taxes
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option selected)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option not selected)
- Photos of your adventure are available for purchase
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Minimum age is 5 years
- Children must weigh at least 45 lbs (20 kg) to participate
- This trip is best suited to families with children ages 5 to 11
- Your trip includes all river-rafting gear: wetsuit, fleece, spray jacket, life jacket, neoprene booties and helmet. It is recommended that you bring a towel and swimsuit.