Cairns Flames of the Forest Dining Experience
Feel your senses ignite when you take a walk through the world's oldest rainforest to wine, dine and be entertained by candlelight in the Flames of the Forest near Port Douglas. You'll feel the wonder of this legendary place, hear the music and storytelling of an Aboriginal cultural performance, and experience the spellbinding candlelit drama of the enchanted rainforest. This is a magical and memorable way to visit the rainforest!
- Enjoy a romantic night including dinner
- Romantic experience, perfect for couples
- Free drinks included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Your evening in the rainforest begins with a walk along a flame-lit trail beneath the forest canopy to a secluded clearing, where you'll be welcomed with sparkling wine and hors d'oeuvres. You'll then be introduced to the vibrant Aboriginal culture that stretches back more than 40 thousand years.
Then it's time to relax under a marquee canopy with crystal and budlight chandeliers and flickering candles, while you dine on a seven course platter style banquet accompanied by Australian wines and beer. The evening unfolds with ancient tales told by firelight from the Aboriginal Dreamtime. After dessert, enjoy local Daintree tea and Tablelands coffee, while you sit back and let the sound of the rainforest tell its own story.
By enjoying the Flames of the Forest, you will have contributed to preserving local habitats, helping to ensure that these soul-nurturing rainforests will last another million years!
Flames of the Forest 7-course Banquet Dining Experience (Tuesday, Thursday and Friday):
- Enjoy a romantic 7-course banquet dining experience in a candle lit forest setting under a silk lined marquee with crystal chandeliers. You'll be picked up from your hotel and served champagne and hors d'oeuvres on arrival. After your gourmet 7-course banquet featuring local produce including premium wines you'll be entertained with an Aboriginal cultural performance featuring didgeridoo, storytelling and song.
- You'll be picked up from your hotel and taken to the beautiful breathtaking rainforest setting, dine on a set 6-course tropical tasting menu including premium wines.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Tour departs from centrally located Cairns, Palm Cove or Port Douglas hotels
- Cairns - from 6:00pm
- Palm Cove - from 6:40pm
- Port Douglas - from 7:00pm
You will arrive at Flames of the Forest at approximately 7:30pm
Returns to original departure point. Departure from the Flames in the Forest is at approximately 10:30pm.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Cultural ex Cairns Nth Beaches
Flames of the Forest candlelit dining experience with pickup/drop off from Cairns, Palm Cove & Northern Beaches hotels. Includes 7-course banquet with Australian wine and beer; Aboriginal storytelling
Cultural ex Port Douglas
Flames of the Forest candlelit dining experience with pickup/drop off from Port Douglas hotels. Includes 7-course dinner with Australian wine and beer; Aboriginal storytelling
Dining ex Cairns Nth Beaches
Flames of the Forest rainforest dining experience with pickup/drop off from Cairns & Northern Beaches hotels. Includes 6-course tropical tasting dinner with Australian wine and beer.
Dining ex Port Douglas
Flames of the Forest rainforest dining experience with pickup/drop off from Port Douglas. Includes 6-course tropical tasting dinner with Australian wine and beer.
Cairns Flames of the Forest
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Pre-dinner drinks and Hors d'oeuvres
- 7-course banquet with premium wines and soft drink
- Aboriginal cultural performance
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- 6-course tropical tasting dinner including premium wines and soft drink
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Flames of the Forest location is 15 minutes from Port Douglas, 40 minutes from Palm Cove and 1 hour from Cairns
- Each round table seats 10 people. No tables for two are available (except Saturday nights)
- Meals are served on platters, banquet style to the table
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Not recommended for child aged 6 and under
Flames of the Forest together with Landcare Australia have pioneered this unique Australian dining experience set amid the world's most ancient rainforest in Tropical North Queensland. By attending a Flames of the Forest dinner, you have become part of a unique tree-planting and Cassowary protection program to help support the work of the Daintree Cassowary Care Group based in Cape Tribulation.
Sample Menu: Tuesday, Thursday and Friday (subject to change, without notice)
Welcome to the rainforest...
- Five spice prawn and fish on sugar cane brochette with chili pineapple dipping sauce
- Goats cheese, caramelized baby onion tartlet
- Australian bush damper with smoked semi dried tomato and lemon myrtle pesto oil
To begin your journey...
- Locally caught banana prawns with paw paw and snow pea salad drizzled with native lemon aspen dressing
- Tableland rainforest salad with mesclum leaves, vine ripened tomatoes and Spanish onion featuring locally made buffalo milk 'Bufalina' finished with apple balsamic dressing
- Lemon myrtle infused kangaroo loin on a bed of wild rocket and toasted macadamia nuts garnished with home made fig chutney
Setting the scene...
- Steamed fillets of barramundi wrapped in banana leaf with austeed seasonal vegetables finished with Davidson plum and bush lime glaze
- Thyme roasted chicken breast served with honey glazed sweet potato and leek crush topped with spicy bush tomato salsa
- Slow roasted Black Angus sirloin upon a warm salad of herb roasted kipfler potatoes with home made onion and confit garlic jam
Happily ever after...
- Pavlova accompanied by seasonal tropical fruits, Chantilly coffee cream and passion fruits coulis
- Daintree Tea and Tableland coffee
- Sparkling wine Apertif
- Bennetts lane NV Brut
While You Dine...
- White Wine - Plantagenet Hazard Hill Semillon Sauvignon Blanc
- Red Wine - Plantagenet Hazard Hill Shiraz
- Beer - Toohey's Extra Dry, Crown Lager, Cascade Premium Light
- Soft Drinks - Coca Cola, Lemonade, Orange Juice
Sample Menu: Saturday (subject to change, without notice)
This menu is designed to introduce you to the taste of the Tropical North ans is served in a degustation style with small serves of each dish
To begin your journey...
- Smoked kangaroo bruschetta with horseradish cream and shallots on a bed of wild rocket
- Salt and pepper crocodile with a spicy bush tomato salsa
- Tabelands red claw gratin with garlic and herb butter served over tropical fruit chutney
- Overn baked Coral Trout with thyme roasted kipfler potato, sauteed seasonal vegetables and lime beurre blanc
- Slow roasted Black Angus sirloin medallion with truffled potato crush and wild mushroom ragout finished with red wine jus
- Chocolate mud cake with raspberry compote and warm ganache
Reviewed by: Andrew B, July 2014
It was like a fairy tale I had years in my eyes it's a must do high reccommend to anyone met some lovely people too.
Reviewed by: Agnes P, December 2013
Highly recommend everyone to go there! Great food, great wine and the decor was breath taking!