Rome City Bike Tour
On your 4-hour tour, discover Rome's secret passages through ancient walls and ruins, stopping every now and then for amazing photo opportunities or to enjoy a cappuccino or gelato (not included in the price). Temperatures can be high in Rome during the summer months, so from June 1 - August 31 your tour will depart in the morning at 9am or in the evening at 7pm only.
All tours include a self-guided visit to the Pantheon. A full list of sights visited can be seen below:
- Trevi Fountain (morning departures only)
- Colle Oppio garden and the Domus Aurea (unusual view of the Colosseum)
- Imperial Forums
- Trajan Column
- Venezia Square
- Spanish Steps (morning tours only)
- Piazza Navona
- Campo de' Fiori and Farnese Square
- Trastevere (excluding tours in June, July and August)
- S. Ta Maria in Trastevere
- Portico di Ottavia
- Theater of Marcellus
- Capitoline Hill (view of the Roman Forums)
Please note: Rome's Trevi Fountain is currently under restoration until late 2015. A walkway above the central portion of the fountain will allow you to catch a glimpse of the ongoing work. Water will be drained during the process, but you'll still be able to cast your coins into the fountain for luck.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Returns to original departure point
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Rome City Bike Tour departing at 9:00am
Rome City Bike Tour departing at 9:30am
Rome City Bike Tour departing at 3:30 pm
Rome City Bike Tour departing at 07:00pm.
- 27-gear trekking bike
- Local guide
- A rain coat (if necessary)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Infants aged 1 - 4 years of age travel free of charge. Baby seats are provided up to 45 lbs (20 kg)
- There is no age minimum or maximum - this tour is suitable for everyone as long as you can ride a bike!
- We require all customers to wear a helmet (provided for free)
- You will cover an area of approximately 16km. The ride is leisurely, but includes a few hills, so is aimed at participants that are able to bike with a basic level of fitness
- Are the tours safe? The answer is: Absolutely! The tours follow carefully planned routes which have limited access to traffic, and some have no traffic at all, meaning you are able to enjoy your ride around the city in total relaxation and safety and you won't have to worry about traffic
- Please note: Rome's Trevi Fountain is currently under restoration until late 2015. A walkway above the central portion of the fountain will allow you to catch a glimpse of the ongoing work. Water will be drained during the process, but you'll still be able to cast your coins into the fountain for luck
Reviewed by: Earl S, August 2014
Our bike tour of Rome was fun and informational as well. We got to see Rome through the eyes of our very knowledgable tour guide.We had visited Rome last year and this tour allowed us to see things that we had missed off the beaten path. We rode for almost 5 hours, got some exercise and learned a lot of new things!
Reviewed by: Esther V, August 2014
This bike tour was awesome! You get to see so many places around the city. The tour guide will even mark everything down on a map. I would recommend doing this tour at the beginning of your trip. We went back to many of the places and knew how to get there, after the tour.