Panoramic Bike Tour of Rome
Far from the chaotic city traffic, the tour route takes you through gardens and up a few hills so you can get the best views in town. Your arms and legs may be quite worn out by the end of the tour, but you’ll find that it is all worth it for the perfect Roman view. You’ll pedal through and around many exceptional places including:
- Trajan's Thermal Baths
- Circus Maximus (panoramic view of the Palatine Hill)
- Piazza of the Knights of Malta
- Aventino Hill and the Garden of the Oranges (the romantic view of Rome)
- Bocca della Verita' Square
- Santa Maria in Trastevere
- Janiculum (the main view of Rome)
- St Peter's Square and Basilica
- Castel Sant'Angelo (Mauseleum of Hadrian)
- Via de' Coronari
- Navona Square
- Largo di Torre Argentina
- Jewish Ghetto
- Theater of Marcellus
- Capitoline Hill (panoramic view of the Roman Forum)
You will cover an area of approximately 12 miles (18 kilometers). The ride is leisurely, but will go uphill, so a medium level of fitness is recommended.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Returns to original departure point
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Panoramic Bike Tour of Rome departing at 10am
Panoramic Bike Tour of Rome departing at 3pm
Rome Panoramic Bike Tour
- 27-gear trekking bike
- Local guide
- A rain coat (if necessary)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Infants aged 1 - 4 years of age travel free of charge. Baby seats are provided up to 45 lbs (20 kg)
- You will cover an area of approximately 12 miles (18 Km); the ride is leisurely but will go uphill, so a medium level of fitness is recommended
- We require all customers to wear a helmet (provided for free)
- Are the tours safe? The answer is: Absolutely! The tours follow carefully planned routes which have limited access to traffic, and some have no traffic at all, meaning you are able to enjoy your ride around the city in total relaxation and safety and you won't have to worry about traffic
- Tandem bikes are not available. Child extensions can be provided for children up to the age of 8 years. Please note this in the 'special requirements' field on booking, should you require this.
Reviewed by: Fiona C, September 2014
Highly recommend doing this tour. Cycling is not hard but gives you a great view of Rome from many places. Loved cycling thru many piazzas and areas we would not have found..
Reviewed by: Lisette M, January 2014
Even in the rain this was a highlight of our trip to Rome. Finally we were taken to places off the beaten track. Our guide Matteo had insightful commentary at each sight.