Select a datex
It's fun for the whole family on this half day combination tour on Phuket island. Admire the unspoiled scenery from the back of an elephant and canoe the calm surrounding waters. Ride a local farmer's cart and inhale fragrant aromas at a Thai cooking demonstration. There is an optional cruise on a junk and a lesson on how to pick coconuts from the trees. You'll be amazed and entertained - there's something for everyone!
- Instant Confirmation
- Get off the beaten track in a 4x4
- Close encounter with wildlife
- Buffet lunch included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
You'll be picked up from your Phuket hotel and travel by four wheel drive into Chalong highlands to Chalong. Arrive at Siam Safari elephant camp on the top of a mountain. Meet Siam Safari's elephants and learn about them and their carers, the mahouts. Also learn about Thai elephant conservation and how you can help. See how young elephants are trained, you can even touch them and feed them bananas. This elephant camp is the only one in southern Thailand to have attained the Thai government standard award. Take a trek on an elephant's back in the Chalong highlands with good views over Chalong bay and out to Phi Phi island.
Later see how Thai jungle curry is made and try some if you dare. See how rubber trees are tapped to produce natural rubber latex and how coconuts are processed to make coconut milk and oil. Learn all about buffaloes and take a ride on a buffalo pulled wooden cart.
If you have chosen the option including a junk boat ride, then cruise on a traditional wooden junk in Chalong bay where you can see great views of Phuket and surrounding islands. The tour ends with a delicious buffet lunch prepared with fresh ingredients and with a selection of Thai dishes that are not too spicy. Return to your hotel after an active, educational and rewarding adventure.
Phuket Elephant Safari Half-Day Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Tour departs from centrally located Phuket hotels and the JW Marriott Hotel
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 - 60 minutes prior to this time
Returns to original departure point at approximately 1:30pm
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Morning tour without Junk Boat Cruise
Morning Tour with Junk Boat Cruise
Morning tour without Junk Boat Cruise. Hotel pick up/drop off from JW Marriott, Marriott Beach Club, Marriott Maikao, Anantara Resort, Renaissance, Sala Phuket and West Sands Hotel & Resort
Morning Tour with Junk Boat Cruise. Hotel pick up/drop off from JW Marriott, Marriott Beach Club, Marriott Maikao, Anantara Resort, Renaissance, Sala Phuket and West Sands Hotel & Resort
Phuket Half-Day Safari Tour
- Elephant ride
- Thai cooking demonstration
- Buffet lunch
- Local guide
- Optional cruise (to be selected at time of booking)
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Restroom facilities available
- Pickup is available from Patong Pier and Deep Sea Pier
- You must provide your hotel details at time of booking, failure to do so may result in cancellation
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.