Travel from Luxor to Dendara either by road in an air conditioned vehicle or by boat along the Nile River to see the well preserved Temple of Hathor, Temple of Isis and Coptic Basilica. Your qualified Egyptologist guide will introduce you to the main features of the complex before allowing you additional free time to explore at leisure.
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Led by a qualified Egyptologist
- All entrance fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
The approach path to the Temple of Hathor is between two Roman fountains that end at the massive entry gate. Hathor was the goddess of pleasure and love and was generally shown as a cow, or woman with a cow's head.
The enclosure walls are mud-brick and date to the Roman era. Within the walls are the temple, two birth houses, a Coptic Basilica, a sanitarium, a sacred lake and the Temple of the Birth of Isis.
The temple has a long history with evidence that Pepi I (Old Kingdom) rebuilt the temple, while other texts refer to reconditioning by Thutmose III, Amenhotep III and Rameses II and III (New Kingdom). Additions were made during the Greek, Roman and Ptolemy periods.
Hathor Temple, Dendara
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Tour departs from centrally located Luxor hotels or Luxor Port
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Tour returns to original point of departure
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Tour to Dendra with Egyptologist guide traveling by air-conditioned van. Includes roundtrip transport, entrance fees, pickup/drop off from Luxor hotels
Tour to Dendra with Egyptologist guide traveling by boat on the Nile River. Includes roundtrip cruise, lunch, entrance fees, pickup/drop off from Luxor hotels
Temple of Hathor in Dendara, Egypt
- Qualified Egyptologist guide
- Entrance fees
- Lunch (boat option only)
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Transport is wheelchair accessible however be prepared for uneven surfaces at the sites visited which may be difficult for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
- Please note that the boat transfer to Dendara is not private and there will be other passengers present on the vessel
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.