Private Tour: Dendara from Luxor
Travel from Luxor to Dendara either by road in an air conditioned vehicle or by boat along the Nile River to see the well preserved Temple of Hathor, Temple of Isis and Coptic Basilica. Your qualified Egyptologist guide will introduce you to the main features of the complex before allowing you additional free time to explore at leisure.
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Led by a qualified Egyptologist
- All entrance fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
The enclosure walls are mud-brick and date to the Roman era. Within the walls are the temple, two birth houses, a Coptic Basilica, a sanitarium, a sacred lake and the Temple of the Birth of Isis.
The temple has a long history with evidence that Pepi I (Old Kingdom) rebuilt the temple, while other texts refer to reconditioning by Thutmose III, Amenhotep III and Rameses II and III (New Kingdom). Additions were made during the Greek, Roman and Ptolemy periods.
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Tour departs from centrally located Luxor hotels or Luxor Port
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Tour returns to original point of departure
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Transport by van
Tour to Dendra with Egyptologist guide traveling by air-conditioned van. Includes roundtrip transport, entrance fees, pickup/drop off from Luxor hotels
USD $27.00Pricing details
Transport by boat
Tour to Dendra with Egyptologist guide traveling by boat on the Nile River. Includes roundtrip cruise, lunch, entrance fees, pickup/drop off from Luxor hotels
USD $89.10Pricing details
Temple of Hathor in Dendara, Egypt
- Qualified Egyptologist guide
- Entrance fees
- Lunch (boat option only)
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Transport is wheelchair accessible however be prepared for uneven surfaces at the sites visited which may be difficult for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
- Please note that the boat transfer to Dendara is not private and there will be other passengers present on the vessel
Reviewed by: brig, December 2013
Dendara is very special as the colours are still visible and intact. The local people were so warm and welcoming. I loved the Zodiac. Even the drive is amazing watching day to day life.
Reviewed by: BRONWEN C, April 2011
This was a Birthday gift for our Daughter's 40th Birthday. She absolutely loved every minute and could not fault the trip. Food was amazing. Only disappointments were that the Temple itself was being re-built in places, which spoiled the overall atmosphere/photo opportunities. Otherwise, fan-tas-tic! Highly Rec to all.