Select a datex
Experience a fascinating glimpse of bustling neighbourhood life. Soweto is the most metropolitan township in the country - setting trends in politics, fashion, music, dance and language.
Drive past two former Nobel Prize winners’ previous residences; the Hector Peterson memorial; dedicated to one of the first casualties of the Soweto uprising of 16 June, 1976, when over 500 people were killed as they protested over the imposition of Afrikaans as a medium of instruction in township schools, and the Chris Hani Baragwanath Hospital, the largest hospital in the world.
African Shebeen (bar) in Soweto
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:Tour departs from selected Sandton and Rosebank hotels
Return Details:Returns to original departure point
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Departs at 8:30am
Meet the resilient people of Soweto
- Entrance fees
- Professional narration by tour guide
- Sandton hotel pickup and drop off
- Optional gratuities
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Coaches are not wheelchair accessible.
- Toilets are available on coaches with a seating capacity of 28 to 44 passengers. There are no toilets on the 15 seater Sprinters and Minivans. Vehicle used will depend on passenger numbers on the day.
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.