Stirling Castle and Loch Lomond Small Group Day Trip from Edinburgh
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Small-group tour by minibus
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Receive discounts at selected restaurants, shops and attractions
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Small group ensures personal service
Leaving Stirling, you'll travel past Doune Castle, Callander and into the Trossachs, an area popularized by authors such as Sir Walter Scott and Daniel Defoe. This is also the territory of Rob Roy MacGregor, Scotland's Robin Hood. The tour stops for a leisurely lunch (own expense) in the village of Aberfoyle.
After lunch you ‘take the high road’ or back-road to Loch Lomond, Scotland’s largest lochs at over 22 miles long, your will travel through the protected lands of Scotland’s first National Park. The route you take is along the eastern shores, a beautiful sheltered stretch of the loch with noble mountains dominated by Ben Lomond, one of the most climbed mountains in Scotland and our most southerly “Munro”.
You will have about 1.5 hours at Loch Lomond, to either join your guide for a walk to the viewpoint overlooking the loch or enjoy a wee dram of whisky in the hotel whilst taking in the views.
The Scottish Highlands and Islands are Europe's last great wilderness! This personalized tour is as close as you can get to touring in your own car, with the added benefit of gaining intimate knowledge of Scotland. Traveling in a small group means you can take lots of stops and reach "out of the way" places, giving you more time off the bus to discover the real Scotland.
Winner of the Inaugural Scottish Thistle Award for Sustainable Tourism, October 2007.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Stirling Castle, Scotland
- Professional driver/guide
- Discount Card offering discounts off local restaurants, shopping and attractions
- Modern Mercedes minvan with forced air ventilation (maximum 16 people)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Entrance fees (discount card offers reductions)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Minimum age is 6 years
- There are opportunities to take nature walks, it is recommended to bring suitable clothing and footwear. Scotland can be a wet place!
- The First Edinburgh tour operator to be awarded 5 star status by the Scottish Tourist Board.
Reviewed by: Paul R, January 2015
A great trip. Dan our guide from Rabbies was exceptionally knowledgeable. Stirling castle is worth the stop with great views of the surrounding areas, the castle is being worked on but 90% can be visited. We arrived at Loch Lomond to see the sun setting and were able to get great pictures. An enjoyable trip.
Reviewed by: monicanorris, January 2015
Rabbies is the tour operator. Small group and bus which made the tour more personal. Karen was out Driver/Guide and VERY knowledgeable on Scottish history, story telling a most enjoyable day and of course the scenery was breath taking. Stirling Castle was a lot more than I expected. Stopped at Aberfoyle for lunch and went for a walk around Loch Lomond. Would do this tour again.