Machu Picchu Day Trip from Cusco
Book with us and save 25% compared to another travel site!
- All entrance fees included
- Choice of seating available
- Hotel pickup included
- Led by a local guide
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Rail Tour
From Cusco, you'll be transferred to the railway station to enjoy your 2-hour scenic rail tour to Aguas Calientes. In order to meet various customer needs, you can choose from three different types of options.
The Expedition option was created for adventurous passengers seeking comfort and security without the extra frills. Departing from Poroy train station, located approximately 15 minutes outside of Cusco, your journey to Machu Picchu begins! The seats have been reupholstered with indigenous fabrics, giving them a touch of local flavor. Snacks are available for purchase, as well as additional storage space for backpacks.
The Vistadome option is a comfortable way to journey to Machu Picchu. Departing from Poroy train station, located approximately 15 minutes outside of Cusco, you'll enjoy beautiful panoramic windows to make the most of the spectacular scenery and allow for fantastic photo opportunities. Delicious snacks as well as hot and cold refreshments are served on the way (own expense).
Upon arrival at Aguas Calientes station, you'll board a small bus and head up to the ruins of the “sacred city”, Machu Picchu. Your expert guide will walk with you through the main streets of these amazing ruins. Stroll through town squares and climb delicately carved stone stairways. Esoteric wisdom holds Machu Picchu as the new spiritual center of the world. There will be time to be alone and fully embrace this magnificent wonder of the world, letting this once in a lifetime experience set in.
In the afternoon you'll return to the train station in Aguas Calientes for the trip back to Cusco.
IMPORTANT: Your passport detail is needed for the Machu Picchu Day Trip (Full name and Passport ID). Please provide your passport detail in the additional request box, otherwise the tour is not confirmed.
Note: From January 1 to April 30, 2015, all trains will depart from the Ollantaytambo station. You will be taken on a 1.5-hour bus ride to the station in order to board the train to Machu Picchu.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Expedition Train Option
Day trip to Machu Picchu from Cusco. Includes entrance fee, bus ticket to the citadel from Aguas Calientes and roundtrip transportation on the Expedition option train.
USD $359.99Pricing details
Vistadome Train Option
Day trip to Machu Picchu from Cusco. Includes entrance fee, bus ticket to the citadel from Aguas Calientes and roundtrip transportation on the Vistadome option train.
USD $419.99Pricing details
Executive Class Option
Day trip to Machu Picchu from Cusco. Includes entrance fee, bus ticket to the citadel from Aguas Calientes and roundtrip transportation on the Executive class train option.
USD $382.99Pricing details
Explore Machu Picchu
- Guided tour of Machu Picchu
- Local English- or Spanish-speaking guide
- Roundtrip train tickets
- Bus ticket from Aguas Calientes to the citadel of Machu Picchu
- Entrance fee
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- IMPORTANT: ALL traveler passport details are needed for the Machu Picchu Day Trip (Full name and Passport ID). Please provide all traveler passport details in the additional request box, otherwise the tour is not confirmed.
- Please note: transport time on the train varies depending on which station you depart from. Please reconfirm before your travel date for the exact departure time and duration
- Please note: travel date amendments are accepted outside of 16 days before scheduled tour date
- Please note: The guided tour lasts around 2.5 hours. After that, you are free to explore Machu Picchu on your own. The departure time depends on the train option booked
- A maximum of 20 people per tour
- Important: From January 1 to April 30, all trains will depart from the Ollantaytambo station. You will be taken on a 1.5-hour bus ride to the station in order to board the train to Machu Picchu.
Reviewed by: Betty F, August 2015
I enjoyed the doomed train ride nearly as much as the tour of Machu Picchu.
Reviewed by: Yvette M, August 2015
Machu Picchu is spectacular and without rival. The trip was flawless from start to finish. Every detail was taken care of for us, on time well coordinated. I could not ask for anything different.All the staff were pleasant and competent really 5 star in every way.