Select a datex
Discover the magic of Morocco on a day trip to Tangier from Costa del Sol. Morocco lies just across the Mediterranean Sea from south Spain, but this North African country feels like a world away! Your full-day adventure includes a Berber dance performance and Moroccan lunch, a walking tour of the medina, souk and kasbah, time for shopping at a Tangier bazaar, and round-trip ferry transfers – the ultimate value for a day in Morocco.
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Lunch included
Your Morocco day trip to Tangier begins with a scenic drive from Costa
del Sol to Algecias or Tarifa, in the southern tip of Spain. From there,
board a high-speed ferry to travel to Morocco across the Strait of
Gibraltar (45 to 60 minutes), where your journey to the exotic Moroccan
city of Tangier will continue on a comfortable, air-conditioned coach.
Start your tour of Tangier with a panoramic sightseeing tour of the city center and continue by foot to the little souk, the medina (old quarter) and the kasbah (old fortress). Admire Morocco's rich architecture, wander around the spice markets, visit one of the local bakeries to try some tasty bread (own expense) or stop to see the snake charmer.
Next, go shopping at a typical bazaar and see many types of carpets and handicrafts. Have a traditional Moroccan lunch at a local restaurant, and feast on food like couscous, tagine and other local delicacies. During lunch, be entertained with a performance by a Berber dancer.
Continue with a short stop at Cape Spartel, where you can see the Mediterranean Sea and the Atlantic Ocean mix together. Then, sample traditional mint tea and learn about the mint tea rituals at a local shop. Next, visit the Cave of Hercules and stop by the white sand dunes that border the Atlantic. If you wish, you may ride a camel here (own expense)! Alternatively, enjoy free time to explore the beautiful area.
On your way back to the ferry, admire views of the Moroccan landscape. After your cross the strait, relax on the comfortable coach ride from the Spain port back to Costa del Sol.
Please note: The itinerary and schedule of this trip are subject to change from December to April due to ferry's timetables and the Ramadan holiday.
Special Offer! - Book before March 31, 2014 and save 10% on the Recommended Retail Price - Book Now!
Tangier, Morocco Day Trip from Costa del Sol
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:Tour departs from central meeting points in the following areas throughout Costa del Sol.
- AREA 1: Torremolinos - Fuengirola
- AREA 2: Marbella - San Pedro
- AREA 3: Estepona
- Tour departs between 5:30am and 7:20am; you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time and location (contact info will be printed on your confirmation voucher).
Return Details:Returns to original departure point
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Tangier, Morocco Day Trip from Torremolinos and Fuengirola with English-speaking guide
Tangier, Morocco Day Trip from Marbella and San Pedro with English-speaking guide
Tangier, Morocco Day Trip from Estepona with English-speaking guide
- Ferry ride
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please note that the terrain in Tangier is uneven and hilly and the trip contains a lot of walking
- You MUST confirm and obtain any visa requirements prior to border crossing. All visa requirements are the sole responsibility of the traveler
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- Camel ride is optional at additional cost
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.