Treat yourself on this Bay of Islands overnight cruise. Enjoy cruising the pristine tranquil waters of the Bay of Islands as you watch the sun rise and set from the privacy of your own sea view state room on this ultimate 2-day experience. You can either choose to join the cruise in Paihia or include coach transfers from Auckland.
- Romantic experience, perfect for couples
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Dinner included
- Breakfast included
- Snorkel gear included
Step aboard Ipipiri, the newly built, four storey state of the art small ship offering stylish interiors and 30 state rooms. The rooms are spread over two decks and all include full sized ensuites and seaviews allowing you to take in the Bay of Islands' spectacular scenery from the privacy of your own cabin. The two other decks offer a spacious sundeck and a 70-seat restaurant with indoor/outdoor dining and bar.
Once on board, you will be quickly submerged into the region's breathtaking beauty. Learn about the Bay of Islands historical and cultural significance as Ipipiri cruise meanders through the 144 islands of the Bay. When the ships anchors, there are opportunities to take part in many activities including snorkeling, kayaking and swimming.
As the sun sets behind the islands of the bay and your cruise ship finds a sheltered cove to moor overnight, the ambiance transforms aboard Ipipiri. New Zealand wines, local cuisine and the knowledgeable crew help create the perfect setting for an unforgettable exploration of the Bay of Islands.
The Vessel's specifications
- Type: Catamaran
- Length: 46 metres (circa 150 feet)
- Width: 13 metres (circa 40 feet)
- Height: 11metres (circa 30 feet)
- Decks: 4 decks
- Two identical accommodation decks
- One dining/bar deck with indoor/outdoor flow
- One sundeck
- Cabins: 30 identical King sized state rooms with full sized ensuite's and sea views
Bay Of Islands Overnight Cruise
We're sorry, this tour or activity is not available at this time. Please check back later.
Departure Point:Selected centrally located Auckland city or Paihia hotels
- 7:30am from Auckland
- 11:30am from Paihia
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Return Details:Returns to original departure point
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Bay Of Islands Overnight Cruise
- 2-day cruise onboard the small cruise Ipiriri
- Overnight accommodation in a state room with panoramic sea views and full-size ensuite
- Return coach transfer from Auckland to Opua (option to be selected at time of booking)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off in Paihia and Auckland
- Afternoon tea
- Buffet dinner
- Cooked or continental breakfast
- Use of snorkeling and kayaking equipment
- Unlimited tea and coffee
- Fishing and guided walks (available at an additional cost)
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Bed linen, duvet, pillows, toiletries are provided
- Please advise if a cot or highchair is required
- Please bring swimwear, sunscreen, sun hat, comfortable shoes, warm jackets, change of clothes, and a camera
- Your state room will have the following facilities: bed linen, pillows, towels, face cloth, full size ensuite, king size bed, toiletries, independent heat pump A/C in all rooms
- Maximum 70 passengers (30 state rooms)
- 2 adults and 1child permitted in each cabin, additional passengers will need to book a separate cabin
- When Ipipiri anchors at sea, the onboard tender (a small run-about) ferry passengers to and from nearby sheltered and secluded islands to enjoy activities like snorkeling, swimming, tree planting and kayaking
- Most dietary requirements are catered for, please advise at time of booking of any special requests
- Only an overnight bag should be brought on board for passenger convenience and safety reasons. Limited lock up storage facilities are available
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- 7.30am - Coach to Paihia from Auckland, hotel pickups commence prior to this time
- 11.30am - Hotel pickup from Paihia hotels
- 12.30pm - All guests check in at the Maritime Building
- 1.00pm - All guests depart the Maritime Building to Opua to board Ipipiri
- 1.30pm - Vessel departs Opua.
- 1.30-3.00pm - Vessel cruises through the sheltered waters of the Bay of Islands. Afternoon Tea is served (assortment of freshly baked muffins and coffee/tea).
- 3.00pm - 5.30pm - Afternoon activities
- 7.30pm - Buffet dinner is served
- 9.00pm - Relax, unwind, view the stars and take in the stillness of staying overnight on a luxury catamaran anchored in a sheltered bay
- 6.30am - Coffee and tea
- 7.30am - Breakfast to be served in The Dining Room
- 8.30am - Optional activities available departing from Ipipiri. (These must be pre booked the evening before)
- 9.00am - Vessel departs for Cruise back to Opua
- 9.30am - Optional activities available via Russell on the way back to Opua
- 10.00am - Vessel arrives back in Opua, coach transfer back to Maritime Building
- 10.30am - 11.00am -Passengers arrive back at the maritime building
- From 11.00am - Time at leisure - make the most of your time in Paihia and explore this region in more detail
- 4.20pm - Coach to Auckland departs from the Maritime Building
- 8.00pm (approx.) - Arrive Auckland
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.