Tokyo Morning Tour: Meiji Shrine, Senso-ji Temple and Ginza Shopping District
See Tokyo's highlights on a four-hour morning sightseeing tour. A perfect introduction to the first-time visitor, your professional guide will escort you through Meiji Shrine, Imperial Palace East Garden, Asakusa Kannon Temple. You'll also spy colourful Nakamise shopping street and drive through the Ginza district on your morning city tour through Tokyo.
- Instant Confirmation
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- All entrance fees included
- Hotel pickup included
Your morning sightseeing tour includes the following highlights:
- Meiji Shinto shrine, Japan's most famous Shinto shrine, dedicated to the Emperor Meiji and his consort.
- Akasaka Palace, now known as the Akasaka Guest House and used as state accommodation for visiting dignitaries
- Driving past the Japanese Capitol (House of Parliament)
- Strolling through the impressive Imperial Palace East Garden, once the grounds of an old Edo castle, with a tea pavilion, Japanese garden, moats and stone walls. On Mondays, Fridays, and other days when the Imperial Palace East Garden is closed, the tour will visit the Imperial Palace Plaza instead.
- Asakusa Kannon Temple (also known as Senso-ji), the oldest and most popular Buddhist temple in Tokyo, with the golden image of Kannon, the Buddhist Goddess of Mercy
- Nakamise Shopping Street, a colorful shopping arcade crammed with tiny food and souvenir shops
- Driving through the famous Ginza shopping district, Tokyo's most celebrated shopping and amusement area
Plus you'll receive a free souvenir map of Tokyo!
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Hamamatsucho Bus Terminal or selected hotels in Tokyo
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Concludes at the Ginza (Hibiya Station) at 1:00pm
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Senso-ji Temple, Tokyo
- Professional guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Entrance fees
- Hotel pickup (selected hotels only)
- Local taxes
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel drop off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless you are booking within 3 days of travel. In this case, confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
Reviewed by: Soumya Dev C, August 2014
Perfect for a quick tour of Tokyo!
Reviewed by: Lesley C, August 2014
The morning tour was a highlight of our visit to Tokyo. Our guide Meiko was amazing, she talked about the shrine and temple we visited, as well as giving us interesting historical anecdotes while the bus drove us around Tokyo from pickup point to shrine to garden to temple. We were taught a few Japanese words and given loads of tips on shops and places to visit. A definite must for first time visitors to Tokyo. Would highly recommend this tour.