Not a confident swimmer, but want to experience the Great Barrier Reef? At Low Isles you can snorkel straight off the beach, enjoy coral viewing on a glass bottom boat, take a leisurely guided walk around the island or simply relax on the sandy beach. Do as much or as little as you like!
- Instant Confirmation
- Lunch included
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- See the underwater world without getting wet
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Situated nine miles (15 kilometers) north-east of Port Douglas, Low Isles is a coral cay surrounded by 55 acres of reef. The sandy beach and clear, calm lagoon waters are ideal for swimming and snorkeling. Low Isles is well-known for its population of green turtles, keep an eye on the surface as they regularly pop up for air. Occasionally dugongs can be seen grazing on sea grass and large rays may glide by.
During the cruise to Low Isles, a Marine Biologist will conduct an informative talk on the fish and corals you will see, as well as providing details on the activities available throughout the day. The 30 meter luxury sailing catamaran offers the excitement of big ship sailing combined with the ultimate in comfort. Relax in the luxurious air-conditioned lounge with fully licensed bar, or soak up the sun under the sails on the expansive deck.
On arrival a shuttle will take you from the boat to the island, or you can dive straight in and swim to the beach!
You'll have the opportunity to join an organized snorkel tour led by a marine biologist, or take to the water independently and explore at your leisure. Snorkeling equipment is provided and the friendly crew are on hand to help you get started.
You don't have to get wet to enjoy a day at Low Isles. You can join a glass bottom boat tour over the soft coral gardens that surround Low Isles. Your guide will point out giant clams, a variety of fish and corals, and of course be on the lookout for turtles. On land you may like to join a guided beach walk around the small island. Learn about the flora and fauna of the island along with the history of Low Isles as an important place of marine research.
Low Isles Great Barrier Reef Sailling Cruise
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Port Douglas hotels
- Cruise departs from the Marina Mirage at 10:00am. Hotel pick ups are between 8:30am and 9:30am.
Return Details:Returns to original departure point
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Low Isles Great Barrier Reef Sailing Cruise from Port Douglas
- Cruise from Port Douglas to Low Isles
- Use of snorkel equipment
- Guided snorkel tour with marine biologist
- Glass bottom boat coral viewing
- Guided beach walk
- Buffet lunch
- Morning tea
- Afternoon tea
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Environmental Management Charge
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hire of stinger suits if required (approximately AUD $5.00 per person)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booking within 5 days of travel. In this case, confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.