Select a datex
Soak up the best of Washington DC on this full-day tour that combines informative narration with free time to explore popular sights. Step off your coach to visit top DC attractions including the US Capitol, White House Visitor Center, Smithsonian museums and World War II Memorial on your own. Drive by other major landmarks including the Washington Monument, Tidal Basin, National Gallery of Art and US Navy Memorial. This tour makes it easy to capture amazing photos and make the most of your time in the US capital!
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Comprehensive tour of the city
- All entrance fees included
Begin your daylong tour of Washington DC by boarding your comfortable, air-conditioned coach at Union Station. As you travel the city, listen to your knowledgeable driver share information and anecdotes about the US capital and its many famous sights.
Get off your coach to visit certain landmarks independently. Join a guided tour (reserved for you in advance) of the US Capitol, where the Congress meets, and make the most of your photo stop at the White House South Lawn. At the White House Visitor Center, get a sense of what the White House looks like inside and learn about US presidents. Have lunch (at your own expense) at your choice of several locations; your guide will let you know when to return to the coach.
Pay your respects to the heroes of World War II at the stately World War II Memorial with its lovely fountains. Spend time exploring the vast collections at the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum and the Smithsonian National Museum of American History.
In the course of your tour, you'll also see the Washington Monument, FBI headquarters (J Edgar Hoover Building), Federal Triangle, Ellipse, Tidal Basin, National Archives, House and Senate Office Building, US Botanical Gardens, National Gallery of Art, US Navy Memorial and Grant Memorial — so keep your camera handy!
Your 8-hour tour of Washington's best-known sights concludes at Union Station.
Special Offer! - Book now for travel between August 1, 2014 thru August 31, 2014 and save 30% - BOOK NOW! - Book Now!
Capitol Building, Washington DC
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Tour departs from Union Station
Returns to original departure point
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Washington DC in a Day Tour
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Reservation of guided tour of the US Capitol
- Local taxes
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- This tour requires that you print your voucher and present it to the Union Station office; otherwise you may not be guaranteed your spot on this tour
- If the wheelchair is collapsible (i.e. can fold up) and the passenger is able to walk onto the bus, the passenger can take this tour without making any special arrangements
- If the passenger is confined to the wheelchair, or it is not collapsible, the passenger or their agent will need to contact the tour operator two weeks prior to the departure of their tour to request a coach with a wheelchair lift
You must present a paper voucher for this tour. We will email a link to access and print your voucher at the Lead Travelers email address. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.