Don't miss the opportunity to see a traditional Sumo tournament when you're in Tokyo. You'll take the subway with fellow Sumo fans to the Kokugikan (Sumo Amphitheater) and enjoy a traditional Sumo wrestling tournament. You'll also visit the fascinating Sumo Museum to see Sumo-related objects from the Edo period to the present.
- Likely to Sell Out
- All entrance fees included
- Seasonal Offer
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
At the amphitheater you'll experience a Dohyo-iri (entering the ring) ceremony and see exciting Sumo matches from your B-class reserved seat on the second floor. English commentary via audio headphones is available. The Sumo match will last approximately 2.5-hours, after you will have dinner at a local chanko restaurant (if option selected), where you can enjoy the traditional food of Sumo wrestlers.
Please note: Your guide will meet you at the ticket gates at the Hamamatsucho Bus Terminal and escort you to the museum and tournament, and then later to the restaurant for dinner. The guide will not join you for dinner.
Sumo Wrestling Tokyo
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Hamamatsucho Bus Terminal
- 1:40pm at Hamamatsucho Bus Terminal
Concludes at Kokugikan around 6:00pm
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Sumo wrestling tournament only
Sumo wrestling tournament with chanko dinner at local restaurant
Sumo Wrestling Tokyo
- B- Class reserve seat on the second floor
- Professional guide
- Chanko dinner (if option selected)
- An FM radio will be provided so you can listen to tournament announcements in English
- Sumo information pamphlet and sumo-ranking list (in English)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible - if assistance is required, passenger must provide their own carer
- Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
- Reserved tickets are B-class (second floor seats)
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.