Select a datex
This ultimate Segway tour of San Antonio is the best way to see all the city’s highlights and learn some interesting history. Follow your knowledgeable guide to several historic landmarks like the Alamo, the Bexar County Courthouse, bustling Market Place and Milam Park. Pass San Fernando Cathedral, one of the country’s oldest cathedral sanctuaries; cruise down vibrant Houston Street; and see urban parks and the Tower of the Americas, built for the 1968 World's Fair. Learn about all the sights you see and make plenty of photo stops along the way.
- All necessary equipment included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Meet in downtown San Antonio on East Houston Street in the morning for your orientation and safety briefing. Once you feel comfortable on your Segway, follow your guide on a 2.5-hour tour of the city.
Cruise down Houston Street, the city’s lively, creative corridor lined with restaurants and entertainment venues. Along here, see the Alamo, founded by the Spanish in the late 1700s as Mission San Antonio de Valero. Learn how this is where Davey Crockett, Jim Bowie, Colonel Travis and many others fought valiantly during the Texas Revolution.
Pass the Bexar County Courthouse, a historic red-sandstone building constructed in 1896 in Romanesque Revival architectural style. Explore vibrant Market Place, which has been a destination for shoppers since the 1820s, before Texas joined the US! This unique cultural center keeps its Mexican legacy alive with crafts, dining and music.
Head to Milam Park, featuring a 26-foot (8-meter) copper-domed gazebo, and HemisFair Park, an urban park with fountains, playgrounds and a green landscape. Stop by the Alamodome, a local sports arena, and visit San Fernando Cathedral, one of the country’s oldest cathedral sanctuaries, built in 1734 by settlers from the Canary Islands. Discover how this is where some of the remains of the heroes of the Alamo are entombed.
You’ll also see the Tower of the Americas, built for the 1968 World's Fair and once the country's tallest observation tower!
You’ll make several stops along the way to take photos and hear interesting facts, stories and history from your guide. End your tour back on East Houston Street.
Touring Around the Tower of the Americas
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:Downtown San Antonio, East Houston Street
Return Details:Returns to original departure point
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Departs at 9am
Touring Around the Alamo
- Segway tour
- Orientation session
- Local taxes
- Use of helmet
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Minimum weight requirement is 100 lbs (45 kg) and maximum recommended weight limit is 275 lbs (125 kg)
- Riders should be able to climb stairs without assistance and stand for at least 1 hour
- All riders must be at least 14 years of age
- All riders under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian
- All riders must sign a liability waiver
- Please dress appropriately and wear comfortable, closed-toed shoes. Please do not bring large backpacks or purses.
- Not recommended for pregnant women
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.