Select a datex
The tour begins in Stonewall, Texas where you will visit the LBJ Ranch located on the Pedernales River. Here, you will see the "Texas White House" and hear all the tales of one of Texas favorite sons, Lyndon Baines Johnson, 36th President of the United States, and former First Lady, Lady Bird Johnson. Trace the history of the Johnson family in the area, beginning with the establishment of the ranch in the 1860's. You will also see several displays explaining life in the Hill Country and the cattle business. There's even a chuckwagon and longhorn cattle. The park exhibits two video presentations - one about the Johnson Administration and the other concerning Mrs. Johnson's life and achievements.
In addition to museum exhibits, you will see:
- A working cattle ranch, true to how it existed in the 1860's.
- A reconstruction of his birthplace that President Johnson personally oversaw.
- The ranch is also the site of the former President's final resting place.
- In the spring, behold the beauty of Texas wildflowers, a longtime project of Mrs. Johnson's.
Come along and enjoy the culture, beauty and history of this unique area. The exhibits and history of the ranch give visitors a thorough look at the life of an American president.
The tour continues along scenic Hill Country backroads to the charming German community of Fredericksburg, once the edge of the frontier and home to brave German pioneers, beginning in the mid-1800's. Lunch is on your own at one of the many fine restaurants in Fredericksburg, many of which feature authentic German culinary specialties. You will have the opportunity to enjoy shopping and browsing in the quaint antique shops and gift boutiques along the Hauptstrasse (Main Street). There will be time to explore the Admiral Nimitz Museum and Historic Center, as well as the History Walk of the Pacific War and the Japanese Garden of Peace.
Hill Country Magic Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Tour departs from your San Antonio hotel
Returns to original departure point at approximately 5:00pm
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Hill Country Magic Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- All Admission Fees unless noted
- Local taxes
- Admission into Nimitz Museum
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.