Avoid the queues and crowds with an exclusive private viewing of the Capuchin Crypt and Catacombs. By pre-booking this tour you'll skip the lines and crowds at the Capuchin Crypt, which is very small and crowded when open to the general public. The tours are conducted in small group of maximum 25 people so you can appreciate "underground Rome" in a relaxed environment.
- Small-group tour by minibus
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Skip the line
- All entrance fees included
The Catacombs of the early Christians, underground fountains and crypts filled with literally thousands of bones are just a few of the wonders awaiting you on this incredible experience. You will see the most interesting and mystifying sites of Rome's underground sights on this small group walking tour. Highlights include:
- The Capuchin Crypt: chapels decorated entirely by human bones - this tour skips the line and you can enjoy a private, exclusive viewing of the chapels
- Domitilla Catacombs: ancient Christian burial ground
- Church of San Clemente: built over an ancient 4th-century church, which in turn was built over an older Roman house containing Christian artifacts and a pagan temple
As you descend into the Eternal City's subterranean burial chambers, winding catacombs and ancient crypts, you'll discover the secrets of imperial and early Christian Rome. You'll travel to a time when Christianity was considered a cult, and whose members were executed as pagans and buried as martyrs.
Capuchin Bone Chapel, Rome
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:Tour departs from Piazza Barberini.
Return Details:Concludes at San Clemente Basilica, situated 300 meters from the Colosseum.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Tour with English-speaking guide. Starts at 2:30pm (arrive strictly at 2:15pm)
San Clemente, Rome
- Small group tour (maximum 25 people)
- Entry to the Capuchin Crypt
- Professional guide
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 24 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A dress code is required for entry into some of the sites on this tour. Knees and shoulders must be covered
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.