Ancient Appian Way, Catacombs and Roman Countryside Electric Bike Tour
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Returns to original departure point
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
10:30am 6-Hour Tour
6-hour bike tour departing at 10:30am
USD $90.47Pricing details
2pm 6-Hour Tour
6-hour bike tour departing at 2pm
USD $90.47Pricing details
Ancient Appian Way
- Guided visit of the Catacombs of S. Callisto
- Aperitif in Caffarella Park
- 27-gear trekking bike
- Rain coat (if necessary)
- Local guide
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- We require all customers to wear a helmet (provided for free)
- Infants aged 1 - 4 years of age travel free of charge. Baby seats are provided up to 45 lbs (20 kg)
- During February the Catacombs are closed: tour will last only five hours in this case
- You will cover an area of approximately 19 miles (30 Km); the ride is leisurely but eventually will go uphill and off-road, so a medium to high level of fitness is recommended
- Are the tours safe? The answer is: Absolutely! The tours follow carefully planned routes which have limited access to traffic, and some have no traffic at all, meaning you are able to enjoy your ride around the city in total relaxation and safety and you won't have to worry about traffic
Reviewed by: Kim K, September 2015
This bike ride was fantastic. The electric bikes made the trip 100 pleasant for everyone. A good workout but riding with ease. Our guide was so nice and knowledgeable and we saw much of Rome that we would never have seen.
Reviewed by: John S, September 2015
From our first meeting with the staff of this establishment to our last, the team were fantastic. Our guide was knowledgeable and yet explained things that we wanted to know about rather than just making a speech in a selected spot. The tour was the right length and we did not feel hurried in anyway.
I have come home demanding a similar bike for my birthday hope they get the hint! they were quality products with just the right amount of power that you could select. You ended up feeling exercised and not exhausted. I think that you would need to be used to riding a bike however as the roads and tracks can be a bit bumpy. Thank you we enjoyed the company of others in our small group a brilliant day out so glad we did it.