Mt Hood Snowshoe Adventure from Portland
Your adventure will encompass all sides of Mt Hood as you make a loop all the way around, with stops at the Columbia River Gorge, the orchards of Hood River and Government Camp. Your expert guide will choose the trail based on the weather conditions, and lead you on an educational and scenic snowshoe hike through this Pacific Northwest winter wonderland.
Relish the season’s beauty as you learn about the area’s adaptive ecosystem and spot wildlife. Your guide will also teach you extreme wilderness survival skills and explain how geological forces have shaped the land, creating the sparkling blue alpine lakes and breathtaking panoramas that abound here. Enjoy lunch on the mountain with a glass of local wine.
After your easy to moderate hike, drive up to the historic Timberline Lodge. Built in the late 1930s, this National Historic Landmark draws more than a million visitors every year! You may recognize the drive up and the lodge’s exterior, because they were used in the film The Shining.
Inside, cozy up to the giant fireplace and enjoy a cup of their famous hot chocolate or. After you’ve had your fill, you’ll drive down the mountain and head back to Portland.
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
- Entrance fees
- Lunch and snacks
- Transport by Mercedes van or luxury SUV
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (downtown Portland hotels only)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions; please dress appropriately
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Hiking difficulty level is easy to moderate; no snowshoe experience is necessary, however some physical ability is required
- Not recommended for pregnant women or participants with heart complaints, back problems or other serious medical conditions
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair