Best Oregon Coast Day Trip from Portland: Astoria and Cannon Beach
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
You’ll then visit the Columbia River Maritime Museum, where you and your guide will browse historical exhibits offering interesting information about the region’s many shipwrecks, lighthouses, early European exploration, commercial fishing and the Coast Guard.
You’ll also see different kinds of vessels, both life-size and models, indoors and out on the actual Columbia River, the major river of the Northwest that has been an important route for transportation and commerce.
Afterward, enjoy free time for lunch in Astoria (own expense) before driving south along the coast to Cannon Beach, where you’ll see Haystack Rock, a designated marine sanctuary full of tide pools. Enjoy more free time here to shop, walk along the beach, and explore the shops and art galleries that fill this vibrant, charming town.
On our return, you’ll stop at Camp 18, a historical logging museum that offers a glimpse into the history of Oregon’s important timber industry. You’ll be dropped off at your Portland hotel in the evening.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Child aged 3-6 will need a car seat for this tour. Please bring a car seat as the local operator will not be able to accommodate child without car seat
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements (minimum of four people). In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
Reviewed by: Theresa G, July 2015
Our tour guide, Ron Davies, was great!! He is really kind and gave our group so much information about the history and nature, how people live and took us to a very good place to eat! There was no time when Ron didn't know something about our surroundings, he knew so much and it never got boring!!! Also our group was a perfect size of seven people - which was great! I am so glad I came! I really recommend this tour! Thanks so much!!!
Reviewed by: Anthony D, June 2015
This tour is definitely worth the money! We were picked up on time at our hotel by Ron, our tour guide. Very pleasant, friendly and knowledgable about everything relating to this state and the areas he took us to. The van was comfortable and clean and he had a complimentary bottle of water for all of us.
The trip there was long but beautiful scenery. The coast was breathtaking! Magnificent views from the peaks and the shoreline! Definitely a photographers dream for some stunning keepsakes.
Tony and Ev, Newton, NJ