Founding Fathers Tour of Philadelphia
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Fully narrated tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Visit the President's House Site, once the home of George Washington and John Adams during Philadelphia’s tenure as the country’s capital. View the Liberty Bell with the possibility of going inside, crowds permitting. Then continue to the Curtis Center, where you’ll enter (weekdays only) for a view of Maxfield Parrish's Dream Garden beautiful mosaic mural.
Then, it’s off to Washington Square for stories of William Penn, the state’s founder, and a visit to the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.
Continue through Independence National Park and see Independence Hall, where the Declaration of Independence and the US Constitution were signed. As you walk, learn about Congress Hall, Old City Hall, the Philosophical Society, the 2nd Bank of the US and and Carpenter's Hall.
Catch great views of the site of Ben Franklin's home as you walk through the Old City neighborhood. Soak up the high energy as you pass trendy cafes, shops and art galleries featuring interesting architecture.
Your next top is the Old City Coffee shop, where you can grab a quick snack or beverage (own expense) before heading to Arch Street Meeting House, a US National Historic Landmark. Pass Betsy Ross House and hear stories of the birth of the American flag.
Weave through the area’s charming back alleys and wind up walking down Elfreth's Alley, one of the country’s oldest continuously occupied residential streets.
Enter into Christ Church, where the Founding Fathers once worshipped, and end your tour at a local pub for a craft brew or refreshing non-alcoholic beverage.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Clock Tower of Independence Hall National Park
- Small-group walking tour
- Local guide
- Admission fees
- One beer or soft drink
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Additional food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability.
- Weather-appropriate clothing and comfortable shoes are recommended
- Entrance into buildings are a time and queue permitting basis
- Guests must be 21 years or older to consume alcohol. Photo ID is required
Reviewed by: Amanda S, December 2014
Had lots of fun and really felt like we got a great history lesson!
Reviewed by: ruby, December 2014
We thoroughly enjoyed our Philadelphia walking tour. Our guide was wonderful. Would recommend this tour.