American Fine Art Tour in Philadelphia
This small-group tour is limited to six people, ensuring a more personalized experience.
- Fully narrated tour
- Small-group tour
Start at the historic Second Bank of the United States, a US National Historic Landmark. Inside, walk through the art gallery that houses a large and famous collection of portraits of prominent American figures painted by various artists. One of these artists is Charles Willson Peale, a friend of Thomas Jefferson and the great portraitist of George Washington who is credited for establishing the first art museum and school in the US: the Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts
Your guide will take you to this historic site, another US National Historic Landmark, where you’ll encounter Peale's The Artist in His Museum as well as works by West, Stuart and Krimmel.
Throughout your tour, your guide will discuss how American fine art took shape within the cultural and artistic communities of the young nation. You’ll also gain an in-depth understanding of the art movement within a greater context of global influences, philosophical inquiry and evolving national identities as you trace the movement from the 20th century to today.
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Small-Group American Art Walking Tour
- Expert guide
- Second Bank Portrait Gallery
- Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts
- $15 entrance fee to Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 5 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Children under 13 not allowed
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- A maximum of 6 people per booking