Small-Group Sunset and Nighttime Stargazing Tour to the San Andreas Fault from Palm Springs
- Family friendly
- Get off the beaten track in a 4x4
- Ideal choice for families
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Instant Confirmation
- Likely to Sell Out
Your journey begins before dark as you explore steep-walled canyons along the San Andreas Fault. As the sun begins to set, grab your camera to capture the spectacular transition from day to night as light casts amazing shadows on the mountains, creating a depth and range of colors unseen during the day.
While you explore the pristine, natural palm oasis of this area, learn how and why the Cahuilla Indians lived on the San Andreas Fault and hear fascinating stories of the valley's pioneer settlers and gold miners. Experience the pure silence and beauty of the desert at twilight away from the lights and noise of the city. This is the best time to spot wildlife as this is when many desert animals are most active.
After sunset, enjoy star- and planet-gazing under the clear desert skies with the help of a ‘Sky Scout’, a hand held which helps point out specific stars, and laser pointers. Your guide will act as a ‘Star Navigator,’ pointing out planets and stars through the ‘Sky-Scout’ and sharing the mythology of the constellations while you enjoy the peaceful desert atmosphere.
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (select hotels)
- Open-air Jeep eco-tour
- All admissions & fees
- Granola snacks
- Bottled water
- Guide gratuity (optional)
- Food and drink (unless otherwise specified)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 72 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Closed-toed shoes are strongly advised
- As desert temperatures may vary, dressing in layers is advised
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
Reviewed by: Tuckered Mama, September 2015
Highly recommend this tour! Our guide, Fox Robe was very informative and entertaining about a wide array of topics regarding this area of California. It was definitely more than expected! Shining moment: spotting a coyote and later hearing some!
Reviewed by: Karen W, June 2015
This tour had it all, lots of interesting information and geological formations. The stars at night were amazing. It was so clear. Our guide was professional, friendly and able to answer all the questions thrown his way.