Big Island Day Trip: Volcanoes National Park from Oahu
- Fully narrated tour
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
This trip takes you exploring in Volcanoes National Park, to the Jaggar Museum and Volcano House, Thurston Lava Tube, Kilauea Iki Crater and a visit to a colorful anthurium and orchid nursery to see these exotic blooms. You'll also drive through the town of Hilo along Banyan Drive.
Visits along the way include the Mauna Loa Macadamia Nut Factory and a Kona Coffee shop.
Another highlight of this Big Island volcano tour is your visit to the legendary Rainbow Falls, where you might be lucky enough to see the rushing water mix with sunlight to form beautiful rainbows.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Tour departs from most centrally located Waikiki hotels
Tour returns to original point of departure at approx. 8:40pm
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Hawaiian Airlines/ No Transfer
Entry to Volcanoes National Park and round-trip flights from Oahu to the Big Island.View lava flow, walk on black sand beaches, visit the Jaggar Museum and Rainbow Falls. No hotel transfer
Hawaiian Airlines w/ Transfer
Entry to Volcanoes National Park and round-trip flights from Oahu to the Big Island.View lava flow, walk on black sand beaches, visit the Jaggar Museum and Rainbow Falls. Includes hotel transfer
Volcanoes National Park Day Trip from Oahu
- Live commentary on board
- Roundtrip flights
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option selected)
- Fuel surcharge
- Local taxes
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless you are booking within 14 days of tour date. In this case, confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Passengers must provide date of birth at the time of booking per TSA requirements
- Once reservation is made, tour is Non-Refundable and Non-Changeable.
- Passengers with asthma and other respiratory problems should please consider other tour offerings to avoid potential health problems resulting from exposure to fumes
- As we cannot predict volcanic activity, features may vary daily depending on conditions. In an effort to make this an unforgettable experience, the tour operators will take you as close as possible to the volcanic activity.
- Lava sightings not guaranteed
Please read the following cautionary comments before selecting this tour:
- When lava enters the ocean, the intense heat produces a plume cloud with dangerous and potentially life threatening toxic gases, super heated steam, and hydrochloric acid. Airborne particles are a hazard to your eyes and lungs. Watch for shifting winds that can blow acid mist clouds over you. Leave the area at once.
- Where lava enters the ocean the coastline is extended. This new surface is unstable and may collapse at any time without warning. Do not approach areas where lava is entering the ocean.
- Sharp lava cracks and holes, loose rock, and thin crust greatly increase your risk of getting hurt. Falling on lava can result in nasty wounds. Wear sturdy walking shoes. Use sunscreen, wear a hat, and drink plenty of fluids.
- If inland flows are present, and you use caution, you may have an opportunity to view fresh lava close up. Follow marked routes and your guides instructions. Molten lava is 2000 degrees F, so keep a safe distance and never go into areas where your escape route may be cut off. Do not throw objects into lava as this can cause burns from spattering lava or eye injuries from airborne volcanic glass fragments. BE AWARE, STAY ALERT, AND USE CAUTION AT ALL TIMES, DO NOT TAKE CHANCES.
Please Note: The name you enter at the time of booking must be exactly as appears on your photo I.D. Interisland Air Carriers will deny boarding if the passenger name, as shown on valid government-issued I.D. does not match the name on their voucher. This is a Transportation Security Administration (TSA) and FAA requirement. Air Carriers proven to be non-compliant are subject to severe penalties; thus there is no flexibility with this policy.A valid government-issued ID (passport for non-US citizens) is required on the day of travel. If a passenger is denied boarding, there will be no refund.
Reviewed by: Bradley B, September 2014
Simply amazing tour and guide. Sharon was fun and knowledgeable. Bus a/c died part of the day but windows down mode worked fine. Won't see spewing lava as sort of implied but lots of older lava flows and the crater. Left with 20 lbs of macadamia nuts i think! Great day trip.
Reviewed by: ROBERT W M, September 2014
Captain Rob showed us so many things on this tour and was very knowledgeable about volcanoes and The Big Island. The tour was very well paced and managed to fit in a great diversity of places of interest. I'd also like to say how very grateful I am that the tour operator was willing to change our tour dates when our whole Hawaiian trip was rescheduled due to the hurricanes. We are extremely appreciative of the flexibility shown to us and the efficiency of the good people at Viator for sorting things out for us.