Washington DC Day Trip from New York
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
Late in the afternoon you'll embark on a panoramic city tour before departing Washington DC for an early-evening arrival in New York City.
Please Note: This tour does not stop at Arlington Cemetery and is scheduled to stop in front of the White House, the Capitol and the Senate for commentary and picture taking. However please note that sometimes this is not possible due to security issues in Washington. In the event of this occurring, tour will be adjusted accordingly.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Washington DC Day Trip
Washington DC day trip from New York
The White House
- Professional guide
- Transportation is in a 15-passenger van or a full-sized bus
- Admission to all attractions
- Wifi on bus only
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Due to security, there is no entry to the White House
- Depending on the rules on the day, sometimes a stop can be made for photographs from outside the fence
- Stop at Madame Tussauds is approximately 45-minutes and only includes a visit to the replica of the oval office and the hall of presidents
- Stop at Smithsonian's National Air and Space Museum is approximately 1.5-hours
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required
- All children under 6 must have a child or booster seat and is the responsibility of the guardian
- For tours with fewer guests, vans may be substituted. These smaller vehicles do not feature wifi
- Tours can be bilingual/multilingual as they are offered in many different languages
Reviewed by: Melanie H, August 2014
Firstly I'd say this tour is well worth doing although there is some negatives to it too, the day starts at 6.30am everyone should be at the meeting point by then but we had to wait for 2 guests who were 45 minutes late and didn't even apologise, our guide was Sharon, she was definitely the least friendliest guide we had on our whole 10 days in New York kind of spoilt it a bit, they say wifi is available on the bus but that's only if it works and it didn't it was awful and you're travelling for hours so that also was a let down, when you eventually reach Washington though it is lovely, you begin at the memorial for the war dead and pause to hear some interesting facts, you can see the Jefferson Memorial also as it stands so tall, you then move onto the Abraham Lincoln statue and if you look closely you'll see the actual step Martin Luther King did his famous speech, that was lovely and the views are amazing there too, you carry on in that area for about 20 odd minutes before moving onto Madame tussards for a quick photo with the obamas etc and then go to the White house, you will be surprised when you see the building but it is amazing, next stop smithsonian air museum for lunch and tour for an hour or so, that was ok before ending the day at Capitol Hill. Leaving there you depart on the long journey back to New York, you do stop at Deleware servive station for a quick 20 minutes break going/returning, we didn't get back to New York until 10.30 pm which really is far too late but traffic was awful, they do expect a tip of about $25 per family although they say it's optional, if our guide had been nicer and less patronising when everyone made it back on the bus on time she would've got a bigger tip than I left, saying that though Washington is lovely to visit
Reviewed by: Akram A, August 2014
This tour was amazing!