Maui Whale Watch Cruise
Book a 7:30am early-bird departure and save more than 30% over later departures!
Maui is the place to whale watch to see humpback whales in their natural breeding area. Every year from mid-December through early-May, the humpback whales make their home in the waters surrounding Maui. The whales migrate close to 3,500 miles (5635 km) from their Alaskan summer feeding waters, to the warm waters of Hawaii where they mate and have their calves.
This tour is seasonal and operates during the whale migrating season from December through to May.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Lahaina Cruise Company has a booth at the loading dock outside of the Pioneer Inn
- 7:30am - Early Bird (until May 1st)
- 2:15pm (December 15th - May 1st)
Check-in 20 minutes prior to departure
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Departs at 7:30am
Departs at 9:45am
Departs at 12:00pm
Departs at 2:15pm
Maui Whale Watch Cruise
- Guaranteed Whale Sightings
- Expert Whale Narration's by the Captain and Crew
- Underwater Web-Cam (video camera) and Hydrophone (subject to water conditions and whale proximity)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Dress appropriately. Viewing whales is often best done outside on the viewing decks. Wear sunscreen, secure hats and belongings and dress for breezy "on the water" conditions
- You must bring valid photo identification if you wish to consume alcoholic beverages on board
- Maximum capacity is 149 passengers
- Tour operator reserves the right to substitute vessels, routes and destinations based on vessel operations, weather and sea conditions without notice
- Due to new Homeland Security Procedures all passengers may be subject to a random search of their personal effects (including carry ons) and all passengers must be able to provide identification upon the request of vessel personnel as proof of his/her identity. Due to these changes it is imperative that each guest have a valid ID with them at all times.
- Wheelchair accessible
Reviewed by: trac, June 2014
I was like a little kid! Seeing the whales up close was very exciting. We were lucky that we saw so many. I got a good picture too which is hard to do when the whale and the boat are both moving. I would highly recommend this cruise. My husband, myself and our teenage daughters really enjoyed it.
Reviewed by: DESIMOND V, May 2014
It was great! We went on Apr. 30, 2014, the last day of the season, and we were able to see pretty much the last group of humpbacks and we were lucky. Other agencies cancelled their trips but this one took the chance and we saw them!