Maui Downhill Bike Ride
Remember the exhilaration you felt coasting downhill on your bicycle when you were a kid? Soak up the stunning scenery on the Maui Bike Volcano Ride as you coast down the slopes of Haleakala, the world's largest dormant volcano. Cruise down the ever-changing landscape from the lava- encrusted top of Haleakala, biking all the way down to the lush seaside plantation town of Paia, located 38 miles (60km) away.
Haleakala bike tours offers an unforgettable island experience! The downhill Maui Bike Volcano Ride is the world's longest downhill bicycle cruise down the slopes of Haleakala, the largest dormant volcano in the world. The Maui downhill bike ride will start just outside Haleakala National Park and is approximately 28 miles (45 km) in length.
Haleakala bike tours cycle at a leisurely pace, pedaling past open fields and pastures and a stunning Maui landscape spotted with colorful flowers and regal trees. Stop for great photo opportunities as your bike guide shows you the rich cultural and historical background of the area.
Your Haleakala biking tour also includes a light continental breakfast before the Maui downhill bike ride begins. This tour is for experienced riders only, it is not suitable for beginners.
Summit Sunrise - This tour option includes entry into the Haleakala National Park where you'll be able to view the spectacular sunrise.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Hotel pick-up is available from selected Maui hotels
- Summit Sunrise (approx. 2:45am - 3:15am)
Tour returns to original point of departure
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Summit Sunrise departure (approx. 2:45am - 3:15am)
Maui Downhill Bike Ride
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop off (selected hotels only)
- Escort van
- Custom cruiser bicycles
- Windbreakers, helmets, gloves and foul weather gear
- Continental breakfast
- Fuel surcharge
- Local taxes
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless you are booking within 7 days of tour date. In this case, confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Participants must provide hotel information to receive confirmation of booking
- Not recommended for child aged 13 and under
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- Recommend layered clothing, long pants and warm top over shorts and T-shirt
- Please wear closed-toe shoes and protective eyewear (sunglasses or prescription glasses)
- All riders must sign an Acknowledgment of Risk and Safety Consideration Form
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
Reviewed by: Jen B, October 2014
awesome experience plus the stop for photos was icing on the cake - loved every part of it!! will do it again next time we return to maui!
Reviewed by: Katelyn W, August 2014
The tour and the guide were great! Very entertaining, safe, organized, and knowledgable! Thank you for a great experience! We will recommend it to others.