Hoover Dam Tour With Lake Mead Cruise
Book and save 21% compared to the local operator's price!
- Family friendly
- Hotel pickup included
- Lunch included
While exploring on your own, head to the Theater Level, where there are murals, maps, photos and other displays that provide an introduction to the Hoover Dam. Watch a short presentation, "How the West was Won," that showcases the part that the Bureau of Reclamation played in taming the rivers, settling the West and growing the country’s food.
Next, you’ll visit the power plant generators on the guided Discovery Tour. To get there, you'll take the large elevators 500 feet down into the walls of the Black Canyon to walk through a 250-foot-long tunnel and view the 650-foot-long Nevada wing of the power plant and its eight huge generators. Stand on top of it at the Penstock Viewing Platform, where you can view one of the four 30-foot-diameter pipes that transport nearly 90,000 gallons of water each second from Lake Mead to the hydroelectric generators in the powerhouse.
After the Discovery Tour, visit the Exhibit Gallery, which highlights some of the natural history of the region and presents a picture of how the Hoover Dam was constructed and how it presently operates. From the Dam Overlook, you can soak in the beautiful panoramic view of the Dam, Lake Mead and the Colorado River.
Then it’s time to leave the heights of Hoover Dam and head down to the water’s level. At Lake Mead Marina, you’ll board the Desert Princess paddle-wheel steamboat for an approximate 90-minute cruise on Lake Mead. You’ll enjoy your deli-style lunch on board as you travel along Lake Mead and admire new views of Hoover Dam. On your way back to Las Vegas, you’ll stop at the Ethel M Chocolate Factory for a taste of chocolate.
Depending on local traffic, a 10-15 minute stop will be made at the iconic Welcome to Las Vegas sign for photo opportunities.
Please note: The listed price does not include a $5.00 per person processing fee, payable at the time of tour check-in
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Hoover Dam Tour With Lake Mead Cruise
- Approximately 90-minute Lake Mead Cruise
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Please note: The listed price does not include a $5 per person processing fee, payable at the time of tour check-in. The fee is required by our local supplier and is not within our control
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants 23 months and under are considered a lap child.
- Children ages 2 years and up require a seat
- This tour is not recommended for anyone who suffers from claustrophobia, or has a pacemaker or defibrillator. Tours are conducted in confined spaces and in a powerplant with generators emitting electromagnetic frequencies.
- This tour is handicap accessible. If you require a bus with a chair lift on it, your booking must be made at least 24 hours in advance to ensure that a bus is available. Please advise in the special requirements at checkout if you require a bus with a lift.
- Hotel pickup is available for this tour/activity. Please note: depending on the hotel, buses may not be able to access or enter every property. In this case, pickup may be redirected to a central bus stop or nearby hotel. Exact pickup details will be provided to the guest upon reconfirmation with the local tour operator.
Reviewed by: Brian B, March 2015
Really enjoyed it., Well organised.
Reviewed by: Stacey T, December 2014
Our tour was GREAT. We had beautiful weather, around 70 - Mike our bus tour guide was really funny and entertaining. The tour at the dam was really good, very little waiting. The Lake Mead tour on the Paddle Wheel boat was lovely - just over an hour, nice and relaxing and great view of the dam and lunch hit the spot. While Ethel M's factory tour was quick - we were there for the 500,000+ holiday cactus lighting. It was OUTSTANDING. What a lovely walk through the garden at 4:30 when the lights came on, it truly was SPECTACULAR, made the stop there well worth it. Be prepared this is an all day trip - we were picked up at 9 and returned to our hotel at 5:30 - all well worth it.