Select a datex
See the Grand Canyon West Rim at your own pace when you hire a SUV for a self-drive day trip from Las Vegas! You will be supplied with a map, driving directions and a full tank of gas. Throw away the timetables and forget about other people's schedules as you explore the Grand Canyon your way. Please note, a minimum of 2 people per booking is required.
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- All entrance fees included
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Lunch included
- Free snacks included
You will be picked up by complimentary shuttle and taken for assignment of your automatic SUV for the day. All passengers will receive a map and entry into the Grand Canyon.
When you hit the road you will pass Boulder City and Lake Mead to Hoover Dam. Drive through a 900-year-old Joshua Tree Forest before turning onto the road to the Grand Canyon West Rim and the lands of the Hualapai Tribe. You are free to explore Guano Point and Eagle Point at your leisure - no timetables, no schedules - its all up to you!
- Grand Canyon Skywalk - Take a stroll on the Grand Canyon Skywalk, the newest attraction on the West Rim, for amazingly unobstructed views over the canyon
- Helicopter/Boat - Take a helicopter ride to the bottom of the canyon, then enjoy a 15-minute pontoon boat ride on the Colorado River!
- High Point Hike at Guano Point - a brief walk from the shuttle drop point, offers 340 degrees views of the Grand Canyon
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Tour departs from Las Vegas hotels
- Upon request, but before 10:00am (early start is recommended)
Return Details:You must return the hire car with a full tank of gas within 24 hours of collecting
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
24-hr Off-road SUV rental (max 5 people) from Las Vegas; Grand Canyon West Rim entry & shuttle pass; buffet lunch
24-hr Off-road SUV rental (max 5 people) from Las Vegas; Grand Canyon West Rim entry & shuttle pass; buffet lunch; Grand Canyon Skywalk ticket
24-hr Off-road SUV rental (max 5 people) from Las Vegas; Grand Canyon West Rim entry & shuttle pass; buffet lunch; helicopter to base of canyon; 15-min boat ride
24-hr Off-road SUV rental (max 5 people) from Las Vegas; Grand Canyon West Rim entry & shuttle pass; buffet lunch; Grand Canyon Skywalk ticket; helicopter to base of canyon; 15-min boat ride
Grand Canyon West Rim Self-Drive Off-Road SUV Day Trip from Las Vegas
- 24-hour automatic vehicle rental
- Entrance fees Grand Canyon West
- Grand Canyon West Rim shuttle bus
- Photo opportunity with Hualapai members
- Grand Canyon Skywalk (if option selected)
- 15-minute helicopter flight (if option selected)
- 20-minute river boat trip (if option selected)
- Hotel pickup
- Local taxes
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel drop-off
- Additional drivers fee of USD11.68, payable direct
- Young driver fee of USD27.99 (for ages 21 - 24) payable direct
- Gas: you will be required to refill the gas tank before returning your car
- The listed price does not include USD20 parking fee for the Grand Canyon West Rim, payable at the time of tour check-in
- Insurance is available for purchase on the day of pickup and usually ranges between USD6 to USD45
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please note that there is a rough 13 mile dirt road that you will have to navigate on your way to the west rim.
- The driver must be 21 or over. Ages 21 - 24 must pay an additional USD27.99 payable direct.
- Optional insurance available for between USD6 and USD45
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required. If you make a booking for one passenger only, you will be charged for the second person at the time of check-in.
- There is a maximum limit of 5 passengers per booking for the SUV - not always an explorer
- Please note in the special requirements field if you need to reserved a car seat. Cost is $13 which will be paid to the tour operator on the day of the tour
- Credit Card holder must be the same as the licensed driver and USD200 must be available for 'hold' on the credit card. No cash deposits accepted
Grand Canyon Skywalk
Here are some suggestions on what to take along to make your Skywalk experience truly memorable:
- A little patience! And maybe your iPod...waits in line of about 30 minutes are common
- Sunscreen and a hat. There is shade at the Skywalk, however elsewhere there is very little shade, and the sun can really burn out there
- Comfortable shoes and light clothing. Spring and summer are hot in the desert
- You cannot take your camera or any personal effects on the Skywalk. Be prepared to store your belongings in the lockers at the Skywalk
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.