Waimea Canyon Bicycle Downhill
If you're not into the early bird thing, try the late afternoon tour. You'll still enjoy the same low angled light for accentuation of the canyon's rugged terrain, only from the west rather than the east. Shadows and colors jump out with soft, brilliant greens, reds and purple highlights. In addition, the forbidden Island of Niihau is visible off to the west. Cold soft drinks, spring water and Kauai cookies will be served on the afternoon tour.
Comfortable helmets and safe operating procedures make for a ride that's safe and controlled, but still fun and exciting. You'll be riding through one of the most beautiful and interesting places on the planet, so of course, you'll stop along the way for photos and narrative on history, culture, folklore and legends. You'll get hands-on and identify native plants, birds and trees. You'll be able to quiz your guides about the best Kauai hiking trails located in Koke'e State Park and Waimea Canyon State Park while you're in the area. As well as having a fun ride in a beautiful place, you'll learn about what makes Kauai special!
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
- Morning tour: 6:00am
- Afternoon tour: 2:30pm
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Departs at 6am
USD $108.33Pricing details
Departs at 2:30pm
USD $108.33Pricing details
Bicycle Downhill Canyon to Coast
- Cruiser bike and helmet
- Morning tour offers coffee and blueberry muffins
- Afternoon tour offers Kauai cookies
- Local taxes
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability.
- Minimum of 4 passengers required for tour departure. Maximum of 13 passengers per tour
- Refreshments: Cold spring water and juices. Morning tour includes coffee and blueberry muffins. Afternoon tour includes Kauai Cookies
- Please wear closed-toe shoes and protective eyewear (sunglasses or prescription glasses)
- Sweatshirt or windbreaker for cool weather, sunscreen, hat and camera
- Must pass basic bike test
- Weight limit is 250 lbs.
- Minimum age is 12 years
Reviewed by: Brian J, July 2015
Great at to spend the early morning. Beautiful sights, Blake and Dan were awesome guides. Very personable. Lots of fun.
Reviewed by: cwo262, May 2015
They took us to an outlook, and the view is breathtaking. Then we started biking. The guys were really friendly and showed us all the sights and told us about plants and Hawaiian legends. The ride down was fun and not difficult at all. I liked the bikes too. They were comfortable and appropriate for this ride.