Paddle Kauai Jungle Streams
As you pass through this spectacular and interesting valley by kayak and on foot, your guide will be sharing the mana'o (knowledge) of the island. You'll be filled in on the history of ancient Kauai and how the Ali'i (royalty) and Maka'ainana (common people) lived and played here long ago. You'll learn about the unique and unusual medicinal and food plants that inhabit Kauai's Wailua River Valley, as well as identifying many beautiful ornamental plants, both native and introduced. All this will take place as you get to know each other and have some laughs in this incredible setting.
The return part of this kayaking Kauai tour is downstream, but into the trade winds, giving you a bit of a workout on this leg of the journey. If you don't mind a bit of exercise, this tour will be the one for you! With swimming holes and native exotic botanical wonders, the Wailua truly is a fantasy world of Hawaiian deep jungle scenery.
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Tour times vary and will be advised when you call to reconfirm your tour
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
- Deluxe two-person kayak
- Dry bag/day pack
- Lunch, snacks and beverages
- Local taxes
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability.
- Minimum of 4 passengers required for tour departure. Maximum of 12 passengers per tour
- One guide for approximately every 8 - 12 passengers
- Nature Walk is approximately 1 mile each way
- Kayaking is 60-90 minutes each way
- Lunch and refreshments: Cold spring water and juices, a delicious picnic lunch of a turkey sub sandwiches, pasta salad, and a brownie (menu subject to change without notice)
- Items to bring: Swimwear, footwear with an aggressive tread pattern and that can get wet (i.e. Teva-type sandals or aqua socks), towel, sunscreen, insect repellant, waterproof camera
Reviewed by: Paul5575, June 2013
Reviewed by: Mike D, January 2011