Select a datex
Looking for something different to do this summer in Kauai? You've always wanted to surf, and now here's your opportunity to learn how with Kauai surfing lessons! What could be better than surfing on Hanalei Bay, with an expert local surfer to teach you the moves with a Kauai surfing lesson.
Feel like a local when you hit the waves and take part in one of Hawaii's favorite pastimes! Learn to surf, understand the ocean's movements and gain an insight into surfing culture on a fun-filled 2-hour Kauai surfing lesson.
Surf lesson Kauai instruction is conducted in small groups with a maximum of 4 participants, ensuring personal guidance and instruction for all. Soft-top boards are used for beginners for the safest possible learning environment. Your surfing instructor will be a local Hawaiian who has dedicated their life to surfing. As a professional surf instructor, your teacher is highly qualified to instruct you in all aspects of the sport of surfing.
The surf on the North Shore of Kauai is perfect all year long for lessons. In Hawaii every day there are wave reports. From huge waves to flat, 98.50% of the time the waves are perfect for lessons along Hanalei Bay. During a day or two of totally flat or stormy conditions there are other areas close by that you'll be taken to. There is always somewhere to surf in Kauai!
First 30 minutes:
- Learn to watch the ocean and the waves together and talk about ocean safety
- Learn how to paddle and positioning yourself on the board.
- Learn to start reading the waves
Second 30 minutes:
- Lessons begin in the ocean and learn to stand up
- Learn about the world of surfing and some basic rules when surfing
- Time for questions!
The final 30 - 60 minutes:
- Use the board and practice on your own
Kauai Learn to Surf Lesson
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
8:00am Lesson. 1 Instructor and no more than 4 students. Customers must check-in 30 minutes prior
10am Lesson. 1 instructor and no more than 4 students. Customers must check-in 30 minutes prior
12pm Lesson. 1 instructor and no more than 4 students. Customers must check-in 30 minutes prior
2pm Lesson. 1 instructor and no more than 4 students. Customers must check-in 30 minutes prior
- Group lesson with water safety trained instructor
- Use of the top of the line surf boards, leashes and rash vests
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Participant must call and re-confirm booking 48 hours prior to activity
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Participants must be 13 years old and up
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.